Free WiFi calling to Canada from Mexico ?

This is a discussion on Free WiFi calling to Canada from Mexico ? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I know there are apps out there, skype like, to place free wifi calls. But most of them only allow free wifi calling from US ...

Thread: Free WiFi calling to Canada from Mexico ?

Free WiFi calling to Canada from Mexico ?

I know there are apps out there, skype like, to place free wifi calls. But most of them only allow free wifi calling from US or Canada.

I'm going on vacation to riviera maya (mexico) and I want to be able to call home (quebec) on wifi for free, to check for the kids.

Mex--->Can

Is it possible ?
    Any suggestion ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    Are you sure the services out there care about where you're wifi'ing from? It seems to me they would care about where you're calling to, since they need to attach to land lines in that area, but your wifi location shouldn't be a concern.

Skype isn't free but they have a $2.99/month plan which lets you call unlimited to the US and Canada, and they don't indicate caring about where you're calling from. Assuming your vacation isn't a month long, you'd be able to call throughout the vacation for half the cost of a single adult beverage. (That $2.99 plan doesn't let you call into Mexico though... if you wanted that too the plan jumps to $7.99.)

Caveat: I haven't used Skype calling so I'm only relaying what their website posts, not personal experience.

Ref: Skype ? Pay Monthly

Makes sense. Guess my brain was already over there having cocktails lol. Alright tx for the infos...

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links