Pandora + cassette adapter in car radio = awesome

This is a discussion on Pandora + cassette adapter in car radio = awesome within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm sure I'm not the first to think of using the old school technology to solve a new problem, but I wanted to pass this ...

Thread: Pandora + cassette adapter in car radio = awesome

Pandora + cassette adapter in car radio = awesome

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of using the old school technology to solve a new problem, but I wanted to pass this info on because it just dawned on me how I could cheaply and easily listen to Pandora while in my car.

Here's my situation: I have an '04 Acura and used to be pissed about having a cassette player on the factory stereo. I was shocked they were still doing this in '04 and it made me feel like my car was older than what it was. Anyway, I've been racking my brain for awhile now trying to figure out how to listen to Pandora while in my car. I mean, who needs sat radio if you can do this for free and get better music? I was stuck on the fact that my factory stereo supports bluetooth, but not A2DP. I was thinking my only other option was if I had a line in jack. Unfortunately, I don't have one of those.

It finally hit me like a ton of bricks the other day. Why not use the old cassette adapters to transfer the music. My stupid cassette player was going to pay off after all! Anyway, I was surprised with the sound quality and steady Pandora stream. I'd liken the music quality to the radio. I actually expected worse. This is quite tolerable. I had to tweak the volume output on the phone itself and use the amp in the car stereo to get the best sound, but I'm good to go now.

Is anyone else doing this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Lol. Epic win

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hitn'yak

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links