Beware of CWMod latest update

This is a discussion on Beware of CWMod latest update within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; had quite a scare just now. updated my clockwork mod recovery to 3.0.0.5 or something like that version, and needed to restore a previous backup. ...

Thread: Beware of CWMod latest update

Beware of CWMod latest update

had quite a scare just now.

updated my clockwork mod recovery to 3.0.0.5 or something like that version, and needed to restore a previous backup. so I went into rom manager as usual, restore backup etc, it rebooted into recovery, restored almost everything but when it got to sd-ext restore, it froze. I waited for like ten minutes, did the three finger salute, tried it again, failed.

got worried at this point, when trying to boot phone up it went to a boot loop. got back into recovery, thought I would start from scratch again, so tried to load original miui rom . zip file. it said signature verification failed. panic time. the file had always worked before.

managed to reload an old gingerbread rom, but there was no notification bar (!) and half my apps didn't work. luckily rom manager did. I rolled the update back to previous version (2.5.14 or something), went into recovery, and all my backups and files worked a treat!

I'm just saying, for those that rely on rom manager backups through clockwork mod, check they work on the latest update. it might have just been my phone having a wibble. I hope so.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you mean CW 3.0.0.5 Floogle

RM latest is 3.0.0.7

CW has had issues--something to do with scripts--read it on XDA

I am staying with Amon 2.2.1 for now--rock solid

You can flash it thru RM or Terminal or ADB
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

yes, sorry - I meant Clockwork Mod, not rom manager. I always get those two mixed up.

great lol , I don't know to edit the title of the thread

thxs rugmankc, good to know I'm not the only one, and its not my phone. it well scared me for a while. think I might have to go back to amon ra. does rom manager work with it?

** updated OP to say clockwork mod so its more understandable **

I never had a problem flashing Amon with RM, any issues do a Fix Permissions first

Once using Amon, I just boot into it with Quick Boot from market--Haven't used RM or CW for a couple months

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I changed the title for ya there, Floogle.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links