2.3.3 text editing changes don't play well with Swype

This is a discussion on 2.3.3 text editing changes don't play well with Swype within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I guess my biggest complaint about the 2.3.3 update is the changes that were made to text editing. With Swype on 2.2 it was possible ...

Thread: 2.3.3 text editing changes don't play well with Swype

2.3.3 text editing changes don't play well with Swype

I guess my biggest complaint about the 2.3.3 update is the changes that were made to text editing. With Swype on 2.2 it was possible to double tap on a word that had been entered incorrectly and Swype would bring up the suggestion box with other alternatives. Now, in 2.3.3., when a word is double tapped an Edit Text box opens on top of the Swype suggestion box. Pressing the back button gets out of the Edit Text box but at that point the Swype suggestion box stops responding. Does anyone know if Swype is working on a solution to the problem or if there is a workaround I missing out on? I really miss being able to quickly make changes to incorrectly entered words by double tapping on the word.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Found a solution...sort of. Click the word that needs edited one time and then press the Swype button to bring up the word selection box. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

Double Tap brings up Android "Edit Text" menu instead of Swype word menu after update

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links