Should I keep all my apps updated on my nexus one ?

This is a discussion on Should I keep all my apps updated on my nexus one ? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a nexus one 2.2 version . Not all my apps have the latest version/update . Is it important to keep downloading the updates ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I keep all my apps updated on my nexus one ?

Should I keep all my apps updated on my nexus one ?

I have a nexus one 2.2 version . Not all my apps have the latest version/update . Is it important to keep downloading the updates for my apps ? Or is it just a matter of preference to have ur apps always updated ? Lastly , should I check the option that updates the app automatically ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Personally I don't use Automatic Updates

Personally I don't use Automatic Updates. If an App is working for me, I don't see a need to change/update it.

I find that Updates are also asking for increased permission access. It seems that every App wants to have access to ALL your data on your phone.

Answer me this - Why does Groupon need permission to access my Phone Calls?

It's good that the Installs/Updates show you what Permissions they are requesting, but it would be better if these were itemized and you could select which ones to allow on an individual basis.

No it is not necessary though I usually have my apps updated to the latest version because there usually are some useful fixes for bugs that may or may not have affected you yet but that would possibly in the future, as well as some added feature so I think it is a good idea though I don't use automatic updating just because I like to know what is going on with my phone.

As far as asking for added permissions when they do this it is usually a manual update so it wouldn't make a difference if you have automatic updating or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    No it is not necessary though I usually have my apps updated to the latest version because there usually are some useful fixes for bugs that may or may not have affected you yet but that would possibly in the future, as well as some added feature so I think it is a good idea though I don't use automatic updating just because I like to know what is going on with my phone.

As far as asking for added permissions when they do this it is usually a manual update so it wouldn't make a difference if you have automatic updating or not.
    This may be a stupid question but does updating all ur apps take up more room on ur phone. Or is it about the same without the update

Most of the time it's a little bit bigger for the update but I don't pay attention to it that much because it is very minor so it's not really a big deal.

Most of the time it's a little bit bigger for the update but I don't pay attention to it that much because it is very minor so it's not really a big deal.
    So would you say its better to keep ur apps updated, as it will keep ur phone/apps functioning properly. Or is it a matter of choice to update and it has nothing to do with keeping the phone functionning better

Defiantly a matter of choice just I personally prefer to keep them updated.

so the overall functionality of the phone has nothing to do with , if ur apps are updated ? Updated apps just provide new features and help the app run better.

Quote Originally Posted by marco96 View Post
    so the overall functionality of the phone has nothing to do with , if ur apps are updated ? Updated apps just provide new features and help the app run better.
    Bingo you got it

You should definitely keep your applications up to date; most of the time there are all improvements and bug fixes for updated apps.

For the updating part, I don't really hit the automatically update box, instead clicking on each app and reading the upgrades so I know what to look for the next time I turn the app on.
    However I do hit the update all button at the top to speed the entire process up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links