Managing applications for Nexus one

This is a discussion on Managing applications for Nexus one within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; When u click managing applications , then all tab, to see all applications u have, how do u get the applications to ur home screen ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Managing applications for Nexus one

Managing applications for Nexus one

When u click managing applications , then all tab, to see all applications u have, how do u get the applications to ur home screen to use it. For example i have google street view , twitter , and others that are only found under the all tab . How do i get them to the home screen so i can use them ? My guess is downloading the update of the application from the market ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Street View is part of Maps. I'm not sure that there is an icon for it. It is also used in Yelp and Urban Spoon, et al.

Twitter should show up. You might try using gesture search or google search to find it. You can't do it in manage apps.

If it's on your SD card, try moving it to your phone. Some apps just don't work from the SD card and in all likelihood, Twitter is one of those.

If that's not the problem, go to the market and see if it shows up as one of your apps. If it does, uninstall it and install it again.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Street View is part of Maps. I'm not sure that there is an icon for it. It is also used in Yelp and Urban Spoon, et al.

Twitter should show up. You might try using gesture search or google search to find it. You can't do it in manage apps.

If it's on your SD card, try moving it to your phone. Some apps just don't work from the SD card and in all likelihood, Twitter is one of those.

If that's not the problem, go to the market and see if it shows up as one of your apps. If it does, uninstall it and install it again.
    So for the applications that are only found in the all tab, I should go to the market , uninstall and install again and then the app will show up on my home screen ready to use

There are two ways to get an icon on your home screens:
    1. From the app drawer tap and hold the icon you want on your home screen and the app drawer will close and you move the icon to where you want it.
    2. Tap and hold an empty spot on your home screen and select either shortcuts or widget (some apps have a widget for them).
    I hope this helps you out.

Quote Originally Posted by marco96 View Post
    So for the applications that are only found in the all tab, I should go to the market , uninstall and install again and then the app will show up on my home screen ready to use
    Only if they are apps that have icons. Some apps don't. As stated by above poster some are just widgets, or wallpapers or part of another app. I recommend going to the market and reading about the app.

I assumed you tried the method the above poster mentioned as well. I re-read your OP and saw that you never stated you had tried this.

I am so stupid lol, I just had to touch and scroll up on my home screen to see the other apps i wasnt seeing on my home screen. I confess, nexus one is my first android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by marco96 View Post
    I am so stupid lol, I just had to touch and scroll up on my home screen to see the other apps i wasnt seeing on my home screen. I confess, nexus one is my first android phone.
    Don't sweat it. It's part of the learning curve. We like helping each other out. You might want to try going over the android N1 manual.

nexus one manual - Google Search

Dude, need to be a little more careful about how you read posts. Not all users are aware of the app drawer. Sometimes the answer is simpler than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Dude, need to be a little more careful about how you read posts. Not all users are aware of the app drawer. Sometimes the answer is simpler than it looks.

am I the dude you are referring to? If yes, what did I do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post

No. No. He's talking to me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links