Nexus One FM Radio

This is a discussion on Nexus One FM Radio within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yes, it uses data. It's internet streaming audio, not FM......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One FM Radio

Yes, it uses data. It's internet streaming audio, not FM...

the question is, why did google disable the fm radio on nexus one?

I don't think FM was disabled, I just don't think it was part of the original design requirements. I suspect HTC selected a communications chip based on cost and requirements, and the chip just happened to be capable of FM. Since Google didn't specify (i.e. pay) for FM functionality, HTC would be unlikely to offer it for free (driver support, etc)...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I don't think FM was disabled, I just don't think it was part of the original design requirements. I suspect HTC selected a communications chip based on cost and requirements, and the chip just happened to be capable of FM. Since Google didn't specify (i.e. pay) for FM functionality, HTC would be unlikely to offer it for free (driver support, etc)...
    The fact that you can get it working shows that you not only have a functioning chip, but also the necessary circuit board traces, antenna, etc. The FM radio component may actually have been part of the intended design, perhaps later disregarded for reason such as reliability, RFI or marketing.

you right davidalow44, everything to make the fm radio working is there. so the maker did in purpose hide and disable it. who knows, maybe there is other capabilities hidden in the nexus one, like digital tv receiver...they are there just sleeping and will be awaken in next versions of the os

i love surprises lol

After working well for months, the FM Radio App on my Nexus One seems to be messing up the earphone connections. When I plug in the earphone, they don't work as earphones and the speaker on the phone plays the FM Radio. But this does not happen when I am using other apps; when I use other apps, inserting the earphone jack cuts off the internal speaker. Anyone else have this strange problem? any suggestions?

You don't have the speaker option enabled on the app, do you (sorry for asking the obvious)

speaker option?

No, I don't believe I have a speaker option at all, at least I can't find it within the ap settings. But that is indeed a good question!

For the CM radio, the speaker is activated by a button on the face off the app - not sure which app you are using though?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links