!New Android Market App!

This is a discussion on !New Android Market App! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well that's your choice I can't stop you but I think you might miss the fun of having a nexus (and the awesomeness of this ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !New Android Market App!

Well that's your choice I can't stop you but I think you might miss the fun of having a nexus (and the awesomeness of this forum :D). Although if your going to be getting a not so great phone on a prepaid plan why not just get the prepaid plan and pop the sim in your nexus one it's unlocked so it'll work just fine, win win much

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    So I rented a movie from this new marvel.... Oops. It won't play on a "rooted device" thanks for warning me google! So now I've spent $2.99 on a movie I can't see on my phone!

In another thread DR mentioned that you can watch it on youTube, but that didn't work either.
    How did you try you tube?

Here's how I do it...
    Buy the movie through the Market.
    Open YouTube from your on phone browser, and sign in with you Google account.
    Scroll to the bottom and select the desktop format.
    At the very top of the page you will see a link for movies, select and find the movie you just bought.
    Play the movie (long press to get the full screen option).

Done!

I didn't change to desktop option. I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well that's your choice I can't stop you but I think you might miss the fun of having a nexus (and the awesomeness of this forum :D). Although if your going to be getting a not so great phone on a prepaid plan why not just get the prepaid plan and pop the sim in your nexus one it's unlocked so it'll work just fine, win win much
    Unfortunately. All prepaid in the U.S. are cdma, so sim won't work. In addition, and most importanly, it's about cost. I'm, paying $130 a month for myself and my girlfriend. She want Verizon and an iphone. So she can go with the $120 a month she'll pay for that and I'll go for the $40-55 I'll spend on a prepaid phone.

Sure i want the next nexus and all of the fun that goes with it, but I have kids in college and my income has decreased 20% over the past two years. I have to make sacrifices.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    So I rented a movie from this new marvel.... Oops. It won't play on a "rooted device" thanks for warning me google! So now I've spent $2.99 on a movie I can't see on my phone!

In another thread DR mentioned that you can watch it on youTube, but that didn't work either.
    How did you try you tube?

Here's how I do it...
    Buy the movie through the Market.
    Open YouTube from your on phone browser, and sign in with you Google account.
    Scroll to the bottom and select the desktop format.
    At the very top of the page you will see a link for movies, select and find the movie you just bought.
    Play the movie (long press to get the full screen option).

Done!
    That didn't go well. It wouldn't stop playing audio, and locked up the video. I had to reboot. Oh well.

Interesting... Works great for me!
    Are you on wifi or 3G?

On wifi it works fine. On 3g is where I have problems. I have great hspa reception pulling up to 4m down. It works ok til I try to stop or pause it.

Tried the new market and its ok. I think I want to go back to the previous version though. Anyone have a link or know how I would get the old version back?

My biggest complaint is that it keeps automatically updating google maps and I don't want it to. I don't use the navigation and I need the extra space that is freed up by not having the maps update to the latest version.

Here's an old version from my GAPPS package...
    http://db.tt/nbQGSVM

I think if you go into your application manager.. you can just select "Uninstall Updates" and you will revert back to the old version...

Yeah on my desire, when I go to Applications > Manage Applications > Market

There is an option to "Uninstall Updates"

I think this should revert you back to the previous version
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/