Translator App That "Does Not" Require Internet

This is a discussion on Translator App That "Does Not" Require Internet within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I'm traveling to Italy in a week or so, and cannot speak Italian. I read through another forum on this site, but everyone started ...

Thread: Translator App That "Does Not" Require Internet

Translator App That "Does Not" Require Internet

Hello,
    I'm traveling to Italy in a week or so, and cannot speak Italian. I read through another forum on this site, but everyone started fussing at each other. I am not a real tech head. Can someone give me a list of apps for HTC Inspire "Android" that I can use that "does not" require WIFI/Internet? I thought that I would be able to use google translator, but where I'm going, there is no WIFI or Internet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

An application like that would require an immense amount of data (i.e., internal storage) and processing power. The Android "eco system" is all about "the cloud", so I don't think that you are going to get any takers on the development side of a stand alone app for that purpose.

Junior Member themarinesurveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Italy View Post
    Hello,
    I'm traveling to Italy in a week or so, and cannot speak Italian. I read through another forum on this site, but everyone started fussing at each other. I am not a real tech head. Can someone give me a list of apps for HTC Inspire "Android" that I can use that "does not" require WIFI/Internet? I thought that I would be able to use google translator, but where I'm going, there is no WIFI or Internet.

Whilst I a cannot help you with the translator App without wifi I do recommend that you get your phone unlocked before you go. Once you are in Italy buy a pay as you go SIM card unlike here incoming calls are free and it will prove far cheaper especially for Google navigator . Most Hotels have free internet so load Skype. Enjoy Your Stay.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by themarinesurveyor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Italy View Post
    Hello,

Whilst I a cannot help you with the translator App without wifi I do recommend that you get your phone unlocked before you go. Once you are in Italy buy a pay as you go SIM card unlike here incoming calls are free and it will prove far cheaper especially for Google navigator . Most Hotels have free internet so load Skype. Enjoy Your Stay.
    Check the date on his post. His trip is LONG over.

Reviving old posts is a hobby for some. :LOL:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links