T-Mobile Visual Voicemail File Location

This is a discussion on T-Mobile Visual Voicemail File Location within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi. I have T-Mobile Visual Voicemail installed on my phone. One of my saved messages was from a very close friend who recently died of ...

Thread: T-Mobile Visual Voicemail File Location

T-Mobile Visual Voicemail File Location

Hi. I have T-Mobile Visual Voicemail installed on my phone. One of my saved messages was from a very close friend who recently died of cancer. It's the last message she ever left me and I very much want to save it. Recently, because of an issue with data access on my phone they upgraded my SIM card to a new 3G card. Now, every time I try to start Visual Voicemail it says something to the effect that this phone was previously associated with another account and would I like to delete all the old messages. When I click "No", the application exits. Apparently, there's no way to get the application to access the old messages and no way to access the new ones without deleting the old ones. New messages are rapidly accumulating on the phone because I can't run the application to delete the new ones. Does anyone know where the messages are stored on the phone and what format is used? I can't find any likely candidates searching through the files when attached via USB. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

sorry for your loss demare--

can you get old sim card back and have you called tmo tech support

if you are rooted, there still may be a way--but i am not that techy

ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Hi. Thanks for the sympathy. I'm still hopeful that I'll find some way to recover it. I'm pretty sure it's still on the phone; I just need to find it. No, the SIM card is long gone. They kept it and I'm certain discarded or destroyed it at the TMO store that gave me the new 3G card. Even if I did, I strongly suspect I'd be in the same boat because the thing is madly downloading and saving all my new messages. I'd guess if I put the old SIM in, it would want to erase all the messages associated with the new SIM before allowing the application to start. Yes, I did contact tech support and they weren't able to help. I've been meaning to call back and see if a different tech might know more but I haven't done that yet. I can see files in the internal memory where I'm pretty sure it's store using the Astro file manager, but I haven't been able to find the audio files yet.

Frank

you may have to root

if we can't help here try xda forum--android development

Nexus One - xda-developers

although i think you have to post in Q&A first till you get 10 posts
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks. I'll check out the XDA forum. I think I should be able to get to it without rooting since I can see files in the internal memory with the Astro file manager. I just need to identify them.

I also called tech support again. This person was dumber than the last. She initially insisted that the messages weren't stored locally, that they were stored by t-mobile and accessed real-time by visual voice mail. When I asked how that could be since I can replay my messages while on an airplane at 39,000 feet with no connection to the cell system, she was stumped. Eventually I convinced her they were downloaded and stored locally, but she had no idea where.

good luck on it

but seeing the file and being able to interact with it may be two different things--hope not

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links