i wish zoomfx worked good on the N1
This is a discussion on Must have Nexus One apps? Top 10 Nexus One apps? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; i wish zoomfx worked good on the N1...
I'm getting my Nexus one monday, I am new to this community. I would like to know what is the best App for video conversion and watching videos which will utilise the space on the SD Card instead of internal memory? Do u know how i can access faebook and skype?
You can convert video to .mp4 with any video converter you have (I use 'Any video converter', free version, it's excellent), put resolution 320x480 and watch it from the 'Gallery' which is already on the phone, enjoy!
Skype you can access from 'Fring' (it works good, quality is a little worse than skype on computer) or 'Nimbuzz' (still haven't tried it though).
F...ing Facebook I won't comment.
That's it, you're welcome!
1. APN Droid - prevents phone from using edge/3g data
2. Calwidget - great customizable calendar widget, much better than stock
3. Movies - see what movies are playing and lets me update Netflix
4. Personal Assistant Pro - View all finance, mobile, utilities and tons of other info...highly recommended
5. Astrid - to do list
6. Shazam - identifies music by listening to it
7. Beautiful Widgets - clock, date, and weather
8. Advanced Task Killer - kills apps
9. Battery Indicator Pro - displays remaining battery life as a percentage in task bar
10. Google Sky Map - haven't used it yet but it looks promising
I am new to the Android family and thought a list of recommended apps was an excellent idea. I hope it's not asking for too much to summarize what each app does when someone lists it.
Thanks for the great info...
In no particular order, just some apps, all free:
1. A Online Radio - very nice. Tons of radio stations. Especially if you listen to foreign music, a must have.
2. Pandora - Radio station that lets you pick the type of music and even skip songs. Can't believe it is free, though I have been purchasing songs from things I hear on Pandora, so I guess there is an incentive for the artists.
3. Last.fm - Pandora alternative. It even gives you artist info when you are playing your songs from the Music player. Also allows you to creat foreign artist stations, which I can't seem to find on Pandora.
4. Advanced Task Manager Free - Better than Advanced Task Killer IMO. Shows more apps to kill, shows services, and system, and even has uninstaller.
5. Color Dictionary - best free dictionary I have found. Has thesaurus, translations, even wiki, all in nice neat color boxes that you can control the order in which they appear, or if they appear at all, and dictionary and thesaurus I think is offline.
6. Compass - love it.
7. Google Finance - excellent. Real time market data and charts, portfolio, and news.
8. CNBC - got it today. Real time stock quotes, news, charts. Seems ok.
9. Goggles - pretty cool. I guess it is useful for searching text from a picture of the the text, also recognizes logos pretty well. Has some potential.
10. Flashlight - must have. Turns your screen white, and can be dimmed by adjusting the size of the white. If anyone knows of an LED flashlight that doesn't require rooting let me know.
11. Fx camera - awesome, free camera app.
12. handycalc - very advanced calculator, graph, equations, fractions, don't use it but if you are a math guy you might want to check it out. Small buttons though.
13. RealCalc - a more practical easy to use scientific calculator, though doesn't have fractions. Still the one I use most. Nice big buttons.
14. Google translate - nice, but should be offline support. Also doesn't have Persian.
15. Help - I think this came with the phone, don't remember downloading it. It is great for telling you how much storage you have on SD and phone, and also gives you percentage of battery left.
16. Metal Detector - turns you Nexus One into a real metal detector.
17. My Account - Tmobile account info, minutes used, etc.
18. OwnMap - this is a map app that supposedly lets you save maps offline, and use it to navigate I think. Can't get it to load my map though. If anyone know how let me know. I need offline maps of Iran. Going there in April.
19. List Master - the most amazing to do list I have found. I use it often.
20. News and Weather - not sure if this came with the phone or not, but it is awesome. Weather channel weather with very nice graphs of temp and chances of rain, and when is sunrise and sunset, and then news, all in one place. Wind speed is in Km for some reason though.
21. Music Player Widget - came with nexus one. Awesome. Have no issues with Nexus One music player, except don't like that it turns on the trackball light when it goes to a new song. Not sure if it allows you to disable it.
22. Shazam - must have. Can tell you what music it is that you are hearing on the radio.
23. Shopsavvy and Bar Code Scanner - pretty cool. Waiting for it to improve. Lots of potential.
24. ConvertPad - unit converter. Awesome. Amazing how many types of conversions it can make, and easy interface.
25. Ruler - must have. Turns you nexus one into a ruler.
26. Voice Recorder - Great voice recorder, can email it or save it on SD card.
27. Wavesecure Beta - help find your phone, lock it, back it up, wipe it, in case it is lost or stolen. Not too impressed though. Absurd how it sends a text message when you tell it to locate your phone. Last thing you want is to let the thief know you are tracking the phone. If anyone knows of a better option let me know. Maybe it lets you disable that, but I didn't see such an option.
28. Talk to Me - a translator that speaks the translation. Haven't used it yet but would be nice for hard to read languages, like Arabic, Chinese. Not sure if it supports those languages yet though. And don't think it has offline support.
29. acurrency - nice currency app. Even has charts going back to 6 months.
30. Astro File Manager - very nice.
31. PDAnet - lets you use your phone as a modem, to get internet on you laptop for example. Great for Starbucks which charges for wifi, or the park, or anywhere you don't have wifi, or if the wifi dies.
32. TV.com - haven't used it much, but it is free, if you are into TV.
I got my N1 today way cool phone
Dumb question time
how do ya install these apps
go to 'market' (should be on your main home screen) and explore