Must have Nexus One apps? Top 10 Nexus One apps?

This is a discussion on Must have Nexus One apps? Top 10 Nexus One apps? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Twidroid PRO - really good Twitter client meebo - good ICQ, MSN, .. client Barcode Scanner - To scan QR Codes on websites Note Everything ...

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Must have Nexus One apps? Top 10 Nexus One apps?

• Twidroid PRO - really good Twitter client
    • meebo - good ICQ, MSN, .. client
    • Barcode Scanner - To scan QR Codes on websites
    • Note Everything - Great notepad!
    • ASTRO Filemanager - good filemanager
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

jah
    Does Twidroid pro give you columns to see mentions, etc?

After working with apps on my new phone for a few days, I've come up with the following top ten list:

1) Documents to Go Unlocked (14.99) - This app is a must have for me because it allows for pdf viewing as well as word, excel, powerpoint viewing and editing. I believe the current price point is due to a half-price sale until Jan.31.

2) Pandora(free) - This is my most used app. Customized, streaming radio everywhere I go has proven to be very useful. Don't miss this one.

3) Shopsavvy(free) - This has already saved me a fair amount of money on impulse buying. Their database of barcodes is good, and their internet price comparisons are nice. I found the local price comparison to be next to useless.

4) ASTRO(free) - A file manager. This seems to be a must have for quickly and easily navigating through one's files.

5) Taskiller(free) - This program lets you view running apps and close them at your will.

6) Talk to Me(free) - This app translates what you say in English into several different languages. I've already used this several times with great success.

7) WeatherBug Elite(don't remember price) - I enjoy this detailed weather app which offers several layers over the US map to display temperature, humidity, clouds, lightning strikes, satellite, etc.

8) Unit Converter(free) - This is an easy to use unit converter which I've used multiple times already. It's very nice to have this information on hand at any time.

9) Ringdroid(free) - I've used this app to convert a few of my MP3s into custom ringtones.

10) Wixel(don't remember price) - This is a word finder game with infinite replayability. I have a few other games I like on my Nexus One, but this is the last one I'd want to let go of.

Recommended apps I didn't like

Dolphin browser - the multi-touch didn't do it for me. I also found the browser to consume more screen space due to tabbing, and it seemed slower than the included browser.

Google Sky Maps/ Celeste - These were ok for about 30 seconds, and then I got bored with them. They're fine for showing off the 'cool' things this phone can do.

Amazon - I found this app to be very restrictive. It's better to go to their full site through the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by reizod View Post
    5) Taskiller(free) - This program lets you view running apps and close them at your will.
    This one seems especially good at using up battery power and slowing down your phone. Android doesn't seem to require it.

Wendelius

I just switched over to Home++ and so far I'm LOVING it.

I had some issues with certain widgets not showing up on the home screen... but thats okay, because there are others I can use.

But adding in the power strip at the bottom is so awesome! I'm sad it doesn't work with the live screens, but so far, its seamless! I was really sad there isn't a actual PHONE button on the nexus, but the phone button in the powerstrip is exactly what I was looking for! The ability to flip/rotate the homescreen is pretty snazzy too!

You can add up to 7 screens which is perfect, because I had a hard time managing with just 5. :P It also seems to clear up SOME launcher force close problems. Its very fast! Unless I encounter errors, I will be using this as my default home!

EDIT.
    I seriously believe this home screen app should have been default launcher on the Nexus! The home screen just looks "right" in landscape mode!

EDITEDIT.
    So far, I have only had one FC with home++ and it was during the installation of a app so I think it was from the app itself.... But Home++ has made me really love my Nexus! Some of the things about this phone have been bugging me, but the powerstrip makes the phone more usable! As I was typing this, the phone did a random FC. -__- so its not perfect, but its amazing for a beta program! But that does mean it will only get better. I can't wait for live backgrounds to work on it.

its really early right now, so my grammar might be crazy.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I'm still disappointed by the lack of good AIM programs. I was using Meebo IM, but switched to Hi AIM. Its better, but not really that great for the Nexus! Its the best AIM program I've found so far on Android!
    Hello AIM was one of the best aim programs out there, then he put it up on the market for like 20 dollars.

how about a good calender

Yes calender replacement would be nice. Do I need to root it to use home++?

Quote Originally Posted by DocSnyd3r View Post
    Yes calender replacement would be nice. Do I need to root it to use home++?
    There are many many calendar apps that are good!
    calendar | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games

It depends on what you want, and what you need! I use Astrid but that is more of a notetaker than full calendar app!

But you do NOT need to be rooted to use Home++. Its a alternative home, so the stock launch screens are still on the phone. I cleared out the stock android launcher, and redid all my screens! You can even take snapshots! You have to set it as the back button, so I don't keep that function turned on. But here is a pic of my home landscape!

@NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Thanks this is great!
    How can I take a screenshot (without root)?

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links