Free or inexpensive VOIP calls on N1

This is a discussion on Free or inexpensive VOIP calls on N1 within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Can someone help me to set up VOIP calling (mostly outbouond) on the Nexus One? I've got Gizmo5 but not sure if I can use ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free or inexpensive VOIP calls on N1

Free or inexpensive VOIP calls on N1

Can someone help me to set up VOIP calling (mostly outbouond) on the Nexus One? I've got Gizmo5 but not sure if I can use it. I've tried the Sipdroid app and a couple of others and I set up a pbxes.org account. I'm just too stupid, I guess to figure out how to get it working. I want to make USA calls only and not use my tmo minutes.

Thanks for any suggesstions.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you have a MyFaves plan - you can setup Google Voice as one of your favorite numbers and make (and receive) unlimited calls.

Depending upon how you configure the Google Voice application you may have to set aside two numbers as favorites. One is your regular Google Voice number and the other is a behind the scenes number GV uses to allow you to dial out directly from the Android App.

Thats a good idea and used to work for me on my iPhone. I don't have myFavs anymore. Thanks for the suggestion.

I use sipdroid, found in the android market. In sipdroid use your Gizmo5 credentials. At this time I'm not using Sipdroid on my N1, but on my G1 using Wifi only. I do not have a call in number from Gizmo5 so I just use Google Voice as my incoming number; in GV I have my 747 gizmo5 number linked.

Ill try it on my N1

The guy at Tmobilecenter told me they dont offer My Fav anymore. Someone call and confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    The guy at Tmobilecenter told me they dont offer My Fav anymore. Someone call and confirm?
    It's on there website, here

Called last week, not available anymore...If someone adds this to there plan this week please post. Not available once you log into account.

Be careful

I set up my My Touch 3G to forward calls to my Google voice number and put my google voice number as a "my favs" and my next bill was like $200. Just make sure you know t-mobiles policies before you start making a bunch of calls. It looks like from T-moblies website they no longer offer my favs. at least for the $79.99 plan I need for my N1.

Quote Originally Posted by stereomike View Post
    I set up my My Touch 3G to forward calls to my Google voice number and put my google voice number as a "my favs" and my next bill was like $200. Just make sure you know t-mobiles policies before you start making a bunch of calls. It looks like from T-moblies website they no longer offer my favs. at least for the $79.99 plan I need for my N1.

If you got billed 200$ coming from # fav, i think you need to ask them some explanations .Did they warn you that they will drop your myfav before getting that bill ?

Quote Originally Posted by dida View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stereomike View Post

If you got billed 200$ coming from # fav, i think you need to ask them some explanations .Did they warn you that they will drop your myfav before getting that bill ?
    Yeah I threw a fit! But for some reason my phone was calling my Google voice number then call forwarding it to somewhere in Texas and then to whatever number I called. So I got charged something like .35 cents a minute for call forwarding. I think T-mobile new it was a loop hole and closed it up. I don't really know what happened. I would be curious to hear of how it is possible to place free calls using Google Voice and T-mobile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links