RedBoxer app feedback wanted

This is a discussion on RedBoxer app feedback wanted within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your nexus ones! I am the developer of the app RedBoxer. In case the name doesn't imply, its ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RedBoxer app feedback wanted

RedBoxer app feedback wanted

Hey everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your nexus ones!

I am the developer of the app RedBoxer. In case the name doesn't imply, its an application for finding redbox kiosks, viewing movies, reserving movies, etc.

I built the app on the 2.0 framework and tested with the motorola droid on the verizon network. I imagine the bulk of people using my app are using the droid as well since not many phones (if any) have come up to 2.0 from older android versions.

With the nexus one hitting peoples hands, I am looking for feedback from anyone who has tried my app on the nexus one. I haven't been able to test my app with 2.1 yet as google hasn't released the SDK yet.

If you have RedBoxer or decide to purchase it, please post feedback about or shoot me an email about how it works on the nexus one. The app is 99 cents out in the market.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Forums. We are always glad when a Developer posts....

Since the N1 is finally getting into users hands I am sure someone will be testing this out and reporting back.

I've been using redboxer on my droid for a while now. I am rooted and running 2.1 and it has no issues at all that I can find. The only suggestion/feature that I would like to see is the ability to get a map or directions to the redbox after I reserve the movie (for when I'm out of town)
    I've got to tell you redboxer has become one of my favorite apps on my droid....I love standing in line behind someone poking around on the machine and wasting my time....while I get the movie they wanted and reserve it out from under them....ahh lifes simple pleasures thanks for allowing me this small bit of revenge lol

just an FYI to everyone....this is an excellent, well thought out app and runs perfectly on 2.1.....at least on the nexus one rom running on a rooted droid

Thanks for the feedback Brian! That alleviates some of my concerns with 2.1. My remaining concern is around the various networks location service. I have no way to test how well T-Mobile or AT&T provide your approximate GPS location over the cell network.

As far as the app's features go, I have been working very hard on the notification feature since my last update. This feature will allow you to be notified when a movie is available in certain location (50 mile radius) or even when it is available in a specific kiosk. The notifications are like those you get for text messages. It should be a very cool feature. I am wrapping up development on it this weekend and will be testing after that. I hope to have it out next week.

After this feature is out, I will go back and work on some enhancements to the view on map feature I have now.

sounds great ! keep up the quality work.....it's pretty rare to find good solid apps in the marketplace anymore. if you need someone to beta test for you, shoot me a pm....I've got a few android/java tricks up my sleeve and know may way around the sdk pretty well.

I'll be checking this out for you on an N1 on ATT. Will get back to you through this thread or PM if I see any issues over the next week.
    Rooted Nexus One

It won't download for me. Stuck at Authorizing Purchase.
    Rooted Nexus One

Fuse - are you in Illinois? I see an order that hasn't gone through for some reason. I have never seen this before. It says "customer review in progress". I have no idea what that means. You might check with google..

yeah, I just called my bank thinking it was an issue on their side but they haven't even seen the payment come through yet. I bought a second Nexus One earlier in the day so I'm wondering if Google Checkout put a hold on my stuff thinking it was fraudulent or something...

I can't get Beautiful Widgets either, so it's not an issue with your app.
    Rooted Nexus One

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links