The Ultimate Calendar/Task Setup?

This is a discussion on The Ultimate Calendar/Task Setup? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; My wife is using her Nexus One to replace her old Palm, so I'm trying to get her setup so she can do all the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Calendar/Task Setup?

The Ultimate Calendar/Task Setup?

My wife is using her Nexus One to replace her old Palm, so I'm trying to get her setup so she can do all the same things as she could on her Palm.

For Calendar stuff, I've got her using Google Calendar, and then CalWidget to display upcoming events on one of her home screens.

Another thing that would be nice is a task list for things that don't really have dates. I've tried Astrid, and for the most part I like it...except for the widget. It's about the same size as the default calendar widget, and I put in one task and it's getting cut off because it's too long (it's only shwoing like 6 letters or something). My other idea is to use Google Tasks, and make a bookmark to the mobile site on one of her home screens, but then she has to actually visit the site to see the tasks, which isn't the best. So anyway to change the astrid widget, or something better that will show a big list of tasks on a home screen?

Only other thing that would be cool is upcoming birthdays. Her palm would tell her a week or two in advance when someone's birthday was coming up. I know there is a birthday field in gmail, but is there any widget that will display that on a home screen?

Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

gTasks!
    And can sync with Google Calendar too

Quote Originally Posted by m5houston View Post
    gTasks!
    And can sync with Google Calendar too
    So far I really like it. Nice small list that's easy to read. Easy to add to. Can even put due dates on them.

Now if only it had the customizing that calwidget has, it'd be perfect. I take it you can't change the size or color of the widget?

I had been looking to have tasks natively on Google for a long time when I had the iPhone,

Tasks

Figuring out how to have tasks sync between the N1 and my desktop is one of my main barriers to replacing my BlackBerry with the N1. gTasks seems good, but as far as I can tell, Google Tasks (and, presumably, gTasks) doesn't allow due dates with TIME and reminders.

Am I missing something (hope so )?

When I add a new task on gtasks...I can put a date...but no time. Of you need that though, you should probably be in the calendar.

I don't see a way to do reminders for gtasks though. I don't plan on using it for things that are date/time sensitive though. If it needs to be done by a certain day, I'll probably put it on the calendar and have it remind me.

I would really like to go all google to replace exchange email, calendar, contacts and tasks. But it seems like the lack of a reminder and time in tasks is a signifcant google short i think that will be a problem. I wonder if google labs is working on this now

The gtasks widget is incredibly ugly, too... So is the default Calendar widget - I downloaded a much better one.

!!11oneone,
    Which one did you download?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links