Build-in Calendar doesn't sync with Activesync

This is a discussion on Build-in Calendar doesn't sync with Activesync within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I added Microsoft exchange activesync account to my Nexus One. I provided the correct domain and server information. After the installation, I can start syncing ...

Thread: Build-in Calendar doesn't sync with Activesync

Build-in Calendar doesn't sync with Activesync

I added Microsoft exchange activesync account to my Nexus One. I provided the correct domain and server information. After the installation, I can start syncing the emails and contacts with the exchange server, but calendar. The calendar sync option even did not show up on the screen. Does anybody have an idea what cause the problem? Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Anyone have more information on this? I too would like to have my calender updated from Outlook without having to use a 3rd party paid app.

Thanks

Found the answer on Google mobile web site:
    App: Multiple calendars and accounts sync

Print
    Multiple calendars

If you have more than one calendar in the desktop version of Google Calendar, you can also choose which of those calendars are displayed and synced to the Calendar app on your Android device:

1. From any of the calendar views, press < Menu > and select More > My calendars. All your synced calendars are shown in a list, with a check mark indicating which calendars are displayed on your device.
    2. To hide a calendar from display on your phone, clear that calendar's checkbox.
    3. To add a calendar and all its events from your phone, press < Menu > and select Add calendars. On the menu that appears, select the calendar that you want to add. Note: You'll only see the list of calendars you subscribe to.
    4. To remove a calendar and all its events from your phone, press < Menu > and select Remove calendars. On the menu that appears, select the calendar that you want to remove.

Note: Hiding or removing calendars on your device does not affect the display of calendars in the desktop version of Google Calendar.
    Multiple accounts
    (Android firmware version 2.0+ only)

On Android devices running firmware version 2.0 or later, you can add additional accounts in your device's Accounts & sync settings.
    However, at this time, the Calendar app only syncs with one account: the account you used to initially set up your device. So even if you add multiple accounts on your device, Calendar will only sync with the primary account. This is different from other apps, such as Contacts and Gmail, which can sync with multiple accounts.
    If you'd like to access the other accounts' calendars, we recommend adding them as shared calendars or loading Google Calendar in the Browser.

Multiple calendars and accounts sync - Mobile Help

That procedure is for Google Calendars, Not Exchange Calendars.

It can't be done natively within the phone, you have to use a 3rd party app like Touchdown (which is excellent).

The only other way is to use a little program called Google Calendar Sync on the PC that runs your corporate Outlook client. It will then sync your outlook calendar to your Google Calendar, which you can then see on the phone.

Problem with this is that your corporate calendar data then gets "published" on your Google calendar and some companies have policies about this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links