Cardio Trainer - Running w/ GPS application on the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Cardio Trainer - Running w/ GPS application on the Nexus One within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; hi guys Im a jogger and wanted to try out one of the numerous running applications I downloaded a few of them, and chose CardioTrainer ...

Thread: Cardio Trainer - Running w/ GPS application on the Nexus One

Cardio Trainer - Running w/ GPS application on the Nexus One

hi guys

Im a jogger and wanted to try out one of the numerous running applications

I downloaded a few of them, and chose CardioTrainer as my first test sample

so, I brought my nexus one to 100% charge, setup a little hacked phone holder+protector (phone is in its android sleeve, in a zip lock bag, inside an old ppc6700 belt carry case, tied to my waist)

turned on the GPS + Cardio Trainer software, and I was off...

jogged for about 45 minutes, and happy to report that it only went down to 90% battery after that much

really happy that something like this is availiable out of the box and free...

the software is very well done and has some great features, it has this really cool miles per hour graph that is shown on the phone, is not on the web page, but it's really cool to see a graph, as you can tell where you slowed down and other things

the web page shows you an elevation graph which is kind of useless

again tho, I am very happy with something like this out-of-the-box

i've attached a screenshot of what it looks like on the web after it auto uploads

also, this software doesnt require a login, it just gives you an access code you use to access your phone's profile on-line

i think the green dot = start
    red dot = stop

the two lighter paths on the left were my warm up + cool down ... the rest is my laps i do

now all we need is a heart rate monitor for this thing

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nice post, I was thinking of using that app, nexus coming today.

Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't tried actually running with my phone, but I'll give this a try.

Thanks for the post. I had dismissed these types of apps as battery hogs. As when I tried various equivalents on my old iPhone, I found they were just that. Interesting that it went down to just 90% after 45 mins. I might give this a shot now. But I'm still not totally happy with the idea of taking my phone with me every time I go for a run. Ideally I just want an app that will let me manually log my training ala Athlete's Diary on the iPhone. This let me import about 5 years worth of training data, but I haven't seen an android app yet that will let me do the same.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links