Java on N1?

This is a discussion on Java on N1? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everybody, on gsmarena at specs for N1 there is Java listed, however I am not able to confirm this fact anywhere else. Does anybody ...

Thread: Java on N1?

Java on N1?

Hello everybody,

on gsmarena at specs for N1 there is Java listed, however I am not able to confirm this fact anywhere else.

Does anybody know if N1 has Java?

thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Hello everybody,

on gsmarena at specs for N1 there is Java listed, however I am not able to confirm this fact anywhere else.

Does anybody know if N1 has Java?

thanks.
    80% of the OS and 99% of the apps are written in Java. So yes, there is Java in that sense.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Thanks for the reply.

Initially, gsmarena showed no Java capability, but today when I checked back with their site, sure enough it's there.

mah
    A statement such as "<any android phone model> supports Java" is both factual and misleading.

Factual since, as was already pointed out, so much of Android is written in Java.

Very misleading though, because it does not have a standard JVM. This means you cannot go to a site hosting Java midlets (which have been written and made available for several years longer than Android phones have existed) and download them for use on your Android phone. Those programs may have been written using the same language, but they're not written for the same (or even remotely compatible) environments.

Non-developer's analogy for the difference: its the same reason you can't run a Windows program on a Symbian phone. They were probably written in the same language, but look absolutely nothing like one another.

My wife's iphone freezes when I go to a web site which requires Java, as iphones don't run Java at all.
    I don't know if the OS was written in Java or not, but for sure they are not capable of running on Java websites.

That is the reason I asked about N1 if it can run Java. Looking at the official Google specs site there is nothing about Java.
    The only place saying that it can run Java apps is on gsmarena.

HTC Google Nexus One - Full phone specifications

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links