Forum Moving SMS text messages to the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Forum Moving SMS text messages to the Nexus One within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I previously had an E90 Nokia Communicator and I saved the text messages as a .csv file so I have that much at least. The ...

Thread: Forum Moving SMS text messages to the Nexus One

Forum Moving SMS text messages to the Nexus One

I previously had an E90 Nokia Communicator and I saved the text messages as a .csv file so I have that much at least. The program I used with the E90 was PC Suite. Is there an application or a way to transfer the .csv to the actual text messages again when put on the Nexus One? I hope to hear support soon and thanks.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Also I have the same problem, I have E65 and I want to know any method that can transfer more than 700 sms and mms I have in my old E65 to my N1.

I hope anyone can help us.

Exclamation How to import messages / SMS from Nokia (via PC Suite) to Android (Nexus One)

With some help from Google, I managed to find two ways of transfering all of my backuped messages (.csv format, Nokia 5310) to my Nexus One :nexusx:.

The first one costs a little money, but has a free version that can import your first 100 messages. As I'm not living in a country where the pay version of Android Market is activated, I have to use the second way of importing my messages listed below.

SMS Importer (2.99)

SMS Importer Lite (Free version)

(I have not tried this program myself, so I can not say if it works or not.)

This is the method I chose. It is totally free, and very easy to use!
    First you need to download both of the programs below. Use Barcode Scanner to install directly to your phone.

Anything to SMS(CSV, XML, SQL)

OI File Manager

After you have installed these apps on your phone, connect it to your pc and transfer the .csv files to your sd-card.

Open Anything to SMS, press 'Begin Conversion' and choose the file containting your sms messages from your inbox.
    Press 'Start Convertion Now!' and you should be off!

If you want to import your sent messages as well, you only have to do the same as explained above, BUT before you do, you might need to change the import string. Try it once first to see if you have to change anything.

If it doesn't work, press 'Manage Convertion Sets' on the main menu and select 'Nokia Csv'.

Open the backup of your sent messages on your computer and be sure the strings match.

Imput string on phone:
    sms;submit;"";"$(address)";"";"$(dateyyy.MM.dd hh:mm";"";"$(body)"[\n]
    Imput string in backup file (.csv):
    sms;submit;"";"+1234567890";"";"2010.05.06 11:22";"";"I've managed to import my messages! :)"
    My imput string for sent messages look like this:
    sms;submit;"";"";"$(address)";"";"$(dateyyy.MM.dd hh:mm";"";"$(body)"[\n]

I had to remove the bold and red ";" to be able to import my messages.

If the string is wrong, you will get an error message, and it will not write any messages to your inbox/sent messages folder.

This is the method I used, and now everything works great!
    The only thig is that I'm now left with around 2000 unread messages which I have to manually open (unless I find something else on the web.. Hmm...).
    If you have all the numbers in your (facebook)contacts already it will arrange your messagelist with photos and names as well.

Hope this helps!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links