whats the best movie player?

This is a discussion on whats the best movie player? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; VLC would be wonderful, but not even the iphone has it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the best movie player?

VLC would be wonderful, but not even the iphone has it.

now that it is unzipped properly,, how do i INSTALL it? how do i actually see it on tha app list?

thx
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Search "Astro" in Martket, download and install it.

Astro is a File Explorer that support installing of .apk file. Goto the folder you copy your nemo Player, click it to install.

thanks for the info here, I have nemo setup and running on my N1 but where do i transfer the video files to on the sd card in order to see them in Nemo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco D'Voe View Post
    thanks for the info here, I have nemo setup and running on my N1 but where do i transfer the video files to on the sd card in order to see them in Nemo?
    just mount the SD card and put them in there, you can even make a folder if you want. Nemo will automatically find them. If you have them on there and it isn't seeing them you have the wrong format on the video
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    just mount the SD card and put them in there, you can even make a folder if you want. Nemo will automatically find them. If you have them on there and it isn't seeing them you have the wrong format on the video
    thanks. I tried handbrake and the files from that ended up showing on the phone and played with no issues.

another question I have is with AnyDVD converter. for anyone familiar with this program, when i select Google Android MPEG-4 movie in video options, the only settings available are 480x270, 480x320, 640x480, and 720x405. There's no option to select 800x480 which i thought was the native resolution on the N1. which of these settings work best on our phone?

So are you guys able to play actual movies on the N1?

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    thanks. I tried handbrake and the files from that ended up showing on the phone and played with no issues.

another question I have is with AnyDVD converter. for anyone familiar with this program, when i select Google Android MPEG-4 movie in video options, the only settings available are 480x270, 480x320, 640x480, and 720x405. There's no option to select 800x480 which i thought was the native resolution on the N1. which of these settings work best on our phone?
    There isn't an option. Use 'handbrake' to convert, use AnyDVD to burn and such. The 'how-to' is in the how-to section
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    So are you guys able to play actual movies on the N1?
    I watched Avatar on my drive back from Vegas
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

Guys, the easiest way to get movies to our phones is to get it in an mpeg-4 format already. The converters are too much work. Just go to filmous.com, open up an account and download the movies that say they're for the Iphone. They're only $1 a piece for high quality. I've been using the site now for a few months and it's worked great!

Oh, and I use Act 1 Video Player. I'm flat out amazed at how nice this player is. It's well worth the couple of bucks it costs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links