Backup to SD card app?

This is a discussion on Backup to SD card app? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have to send my Nexus One in for repairs already (I've had it two friggin' weeks) and I was wondering if there are any ...

Thread: Backup to SD card app?

Backup to SD card app?

I have to send my Nexus One in for repairs already (I've had it two friggin' weeks) and I was wondering if there are any good backup apps that would put everything onto my SD card so that I could just restore when I got the phone back?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Your apps should already be backed up in the "cloud" by Google. When you get your new phone, you should be able to sync all your data and apps by putting in your gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by VZW RSR View Post
    Your apps should already be backed up in the "cloud" by Google. When you get your new phone, you should be able to sync all your data and apps by putting in your gmail.
    This may be a stupid question, but if you root your phone, does this still work? (Google remembering the apps in the cloud) Or do you need to reinstall everything. Or is there a way to back it up on the SD?
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Hmmm ok.. Well, one question; Why didn't this happen when I went from my G1 to Nexus? The only things that synced were my contacts and e-mail.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure about a rooted phone, sorry. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work G1 to N1, perhaps its due to the difference in OS version?

I've only actually seen the apps sync with same model phones (Droid and Eris warranty exchanges). So if its not working all the time, it might be limited to same model swaps or same OS swaps.

It might also be related to a sync setting on your phone, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by VZW RSR View Post

does that cover sms messages as well?

What about music, photos and videos etc? I didn't think it did?? :confused:

If not then any recommendations?

Thanks

ASTRO FILE MANAGER in the app store has a "backup to sd card" option
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links