Anybody willing to test DailyRoads Voyager?

This is a discussion on Anybody willing to test DailyRoads Voyager? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello all, According to a user comment on the Market, our application does not work on the Nexus One. Despite asking for specifics, I haven't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody willing to test DailyRoads Voyager?

Anybody willing to test DailyRoads Voyager?

Hello all,

According to a user comment on the Market, our application does not work on the Nexus One. Despite asking for specifics, I haven't received any details. Is there any kind soul (or enthusiast car driver) who has some time for a test?

DailyRoads Voyager allows you to continuously record videos and capture photos while you drive. More info: http://dailyroads.com/voyager

Thanks and regards,
    Robert

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

One user of this forum replied to my request, and was kind enough to test various debug versions of my app. Thanks again, James!

Thanks to his efforts I was able to identify the main problem on the Nexus, and could launch version 1.2 of the application. Could anybody else take Voyager on a quick test, and see if there are any other issues?

Basically I am only interested if video preview is working fine, and if the app can record videos and capture photos. Then, are these video/photo files properly displayed? I've done extensive tests on Perfecto Mobile, but the phone there is in a dark room, so I can't actually see if video is recording at all.

You can find the new version of DailyRoads Voyager on the Android Market, or can download from here:

http://dailyroads.com/voyager/dailyroads.apk

Thank you!
    Robert

Ill be checking this out...
    Rooted Nexus One

Cool i can test if still needed

If you still need some testing done let me know and I would be happy to.

Hi, this looks like an interesting application, I'll check it out and post my feedback here. =)

Thanks for offering to test! Yes, I'd still need some testing, basically for the photo/video features. See my previous post for details...

Robert

To be honest, with my go-go car sitting under a foot of snow with a dead battery, I haven't had any time to really test this in it's application, and until summer comes around and I have a good window dock for my N1 I don't see much use of this. I'll still poke around with it when I can, but there isn't much to it unless you use it for it;s intended purpose.
    Rooted Nexus One

Until summer comes, I'd be grateful even for 2-3 minutes of test, and yes/no answers to the following questions:

- when the app first loads, is there any error message displayed?
    - does the preview area display what is in front of the camera?
    - press the Video button, do you see "Touch to rescue video" in the top-right corner of the preview area?
    - touch the screen, do you get "Rescuing video..." message?
    - leave video recoding on, press the Files button (to put video recording in background mode) and stay there for about 10 seconds. Then go back to the main screen.
    - press the Photo button to start capturing photos
    - go the the Files section again, and click on the photo file name. Can you view the photo properly?
    - go back to the Files, and click on the oldest video file. Video should start playing back, going through all the recorded sequences, including what was recorded in the background. Does video play back fine?
    - any error messages during the steps above?

More advanced testing would require changing video and photo resolutions, then repeating the steps above. But, I would be happy to learn the test results even for the default resolutions.

Thank you!
    Robert

Ahhhhh test cases...I do enough of these at work. *facepalm*

So far everything has seems to work for me and I have not yet had any problems/FC's.
    Rooted Nexus One

Hi Robert, I tried your test cases, and everything seems to work without any errors.

My current file settings:
    Video: 720x480 MPEG4
    Photo: 1600x1200

However, the first time I ran through the test I encountered an FC, after which the camera could not be initialized again until I rebooted my phone. Subsequently I couldn't replicate the error, so it might have been an isolated incident.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links