Newbie question

This is a discussion on Newbie question within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello all, I have just bought a nexus one and this is my very first android and I am just loving it . So, here ...

Thread: Newbie question

Question Newbie question

Hello all,

I have just bought a nexus one and this is my very first android and I am just loving it . So, here is the newbie question of the day. I'm interested in modding apps like better keyboard, gde and ahome. But when I search android market I can only find the skins and addons!!! How can I find the app itself???
    Regards,
    Thiago Souza

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

try again... i just searched all three of the apps you listed and found them all.

Hi,

Still can't find them... I can only find the skins and addons. Actually, I've noticed that there is not paid app being listed. I live in Brazil, but I am currently in US and could buy a Nexus One. I know that paid apps are not available there, but still, I'm not in Brazil, I'm in US. Maybe something related to this?

Regards,
    Thiago Souza

mah
    Was your purchase done through a Google Checkout account, or some other means (like direct credit card)? I believe the market can only sell through Google Checkout (and I' don't know what other country restrictions may exist).

If your phone was bought via Google Checkout... when you first established your identity to the phone, was it the same google mail account as the checkout account? If so, I can only think of one thing to try: browse the market over wifi instead of data, and have your wifi router set up to do everything through a US-based proxy server. I don't know if this will work or not (and I can't help you get the proxy established/configured), but it could fool the market server as to your location.

Hello,

Yes, my phone was bought directly from google's site using google checkout. I am using the same account for the market.

Currently I only have Wifi access. Since I'm still in US, I didn't inserted my (brazilian) SIM card. I already activated international roaming, but I haven't tried it yet.

But still, I can't find any paid app at the market, only free.

Regards,
    Thiago Souza

Probably google is filtering it because my credit card is brazilian

I use a German credit card und a German Sim and buying works for me.

Because Germany is an approved country for distribution

I have US proxy IP, but how to setup proxies in my Phone? can anybody give a hint?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links