PDAnet

This is a discussion on PDAnet within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Does the Nexus have the capability like the iPhone does to tether your laptop to the phone so you can use the phone to have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDAnet

Does Nexus have.............

Does the Nexus have the capability like the iPhone does to tether your laptop to the phone so you can use the phone to have internet use in places that do not have WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy41 View Post
    Does the Nexus have the capability like the iPhone does to tether your laptop to the phone so you can use the phone to have internet use in places that do not have WiFi.
    Well apple hasn't excepted tethering into there app store..Lucky for you if you have a android device there is a app without hacking your phone. It is in the app store "PDANET" and its free!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    Well apple hasn't excepted tethering into there app store..Lucky for you if you have a android device there is a app without hacking your phone. It is in the app store "PDANET" and its free!
    So the answer, Muddy41, is YES!

Thanks Alpha for a true straight up answer. I appreciate it. I am currently looking at getting the N1 but I also have a great deal on the table for a brand new iPhone 3GS 32G. So I am doing the needed research about the Nexus before I decide which way to go.

I am a T-Mobile user. I was leaning toward the iPhone so that I could get rid of my iPod Touch and use only 1 device for both phone and music. I do love my iPod that and I am having serious issues deciding which to buy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post

So the answer, Muddy41, is YES!

Thanks Alpha for a true straight up answer. I appreciate it. I am currently looking at getting the N1 but I also have a great deal on the table for a brand new iPhone 3GS 32G. So I am doing the needed research about the Nexus before I decide which way to go.

I am a T-Mobile user. I was leaning toward the iPhone so that I could get rid of my iPod Touch and use only 1 device for both phone and music. I do love my iPod that and I am having serious issues deciding which to buy.

Thanks

Maybe I can shine a light on your issue.

The main issue you're going to be looking at with the 3GS on the T-Mobile network is a lockout of 3G.

Effectively putting you into perm-edge network. While it's not the slowest connection out there... it's a severe handicap when compared to speeds associated with 3G on the N1.

Also, for those of you curious...

Yes, T-Mob is aware of PDANet's existence.

Yes, T-Mob has policies in effect that limit in-store and customer care interactions regarding phoneasmodem or tethering.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    The main issue you're going to be looking at with the 3GS on the T-Mobile network is a lockout of 3G.
    How much use should we be concerned of lockout? I'm streaming music on the phone 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week while at work and am on PDA net an hour a week only.

Should I be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    How much use should we be concerned of lockout? I'm streaming music on the phone 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week while at work and am on PDA net an hour a week only.

Should I be concerned?
    Locked out as in iPhone will only connect on EDGE on TMobile...

As far as normal data usage no problem. I average 5-10gb a month and no problem, unless you're a torrent, p2p, or hosting a server using 100+ gb monthly there might be a problem.

What's the magic number of gb data download... no one knows!

As stated above, TMobile does have a policy against tethering, dont abuse don't worry. If they (Tmobile) believe your abusing they'll "Throttle" your connection until the beginning of the next billing cycle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links