PDAnet

This is a discussion on PDAnet within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I never knew this existed, you can get internet tethering by connecting it to usb, no need to root your your phone. I just found ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDAnet

PDAnet

I never knew this existed, you can get internet tethering by connecting it to usb, no need to root your your phone. I just found this out today and i have been a long time android user .__.

what i am curious now is, am i going to have to install the things i download from the website onto every pc i want to use it on???

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Usb tether yes. Bluetooth no..... (Though you'll be prompted to create bluetooth internet connection) I keep a copy on the SD just in case, but mainly to show others how easy it is to load and get on the internet.....

Yea I have yet to try it, I have downloaded the drivers and put them on my phone for situations, but i need to crank out my laptop and try it on it. I also heard that it installs drivers into your phone... does that mean ill just be able to plug and play after that on any ol' computer? Or would I have to install the set of drivers on every computer i decide to to tether on.

For USB tethering you'll have to install on all computers; connecting via Bluetooth will prompt you to create a Bluetooth internet connection, no drivers required. The app doesn't change anything and doesn't root the phone, so once installed on the phone that's it. Once you've done it once its really simple. I've been using it for over 6 months and its worth the price not having to pay for USB wireless data and as stated earlier with the program/download stored on the SD card I've loaned out my phone to friends to access the internet.

Is it slower with BT than USB?

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    can someone that uses this app please answer this question i quoted...

and ,,, do you people all have tmobile? even know they say you have "unlimited" data,, is there a cap? like 5gb/month? i cant find that info on tmobiles website..

does tmobile know your tethering because of the HUGE bandwidth spike on your acct?

i would love to use this method all day long but i dont want to cause trouble for my tmobile acct..

thx
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    A little, but not noticable at least not on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post

can someone that uses this app please answer this question i quoted...

and ,,, do you people all have tmobile? even know they say you have "unlimited" data,, is there a cap? like 5gb/month? i cant find that info on tmobiles website..

does tmobile know your tethering because of the HUGE bandwidth spike on your acct?

i would love to use this method all day long but i dont want to cause trouble for my tmobile acct..

thx
    Yes to TMobile.

Does TMobile know I'm tethering...... no, I do the same thing, same places as on both phone/laptop. I don't download much, torrent, or p2p so I'm not using alot of bandwith.... use 25-50 gb a month I'm sure they'd know!

It is unlimited, but....... I've heard that TMobile will "throttle" the connection if they see extreme usage. I've never used it more than 3/4 gb in a month total phone and tethering.

TMobile does have a policy against tethering, but they do seem somewhat relaxed on enforcing. Just don't abuse!

I'd rather have it wired anyway.

I used PDAnet on my palm many years ago. It worked GREAT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links