Calendar not syncing?

This is a discussion on Calendar not syncing? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Prompted by the other calendar widget thread, I played with my calendar some, and I'm seeing that syncing appears to not be happening. When I ...

Thread: Calendar not syncing?

Calendar not syncing?

Prompted by the other calendar widget thread, I played with my calendar some, and I'm seeing that syncing appears to not be happening.

When I open the calendar settings, it shows the correct calendar account. When I look at that calendar on a web page, it shows a correct view of things. On the phone though, it shows entries that I had previously deleted, and it doesn't show entries that I have added.

My phone has syncing enabled (and it's working find for gmail as well as Exchange email). The calendar (which should only be synced with my google account, not Exchange) is the only apparent problem.

Any thoughts here?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Prompted by the other calendar widget thread, I played with my calendar some, and I'm seeing that syncing appears to not be happening.

When I open the calendar settings, it shows the correct calendar account. When I look at that calendar on a web page, it shows a correct view of things. On the phone though, it shows entries that I had previously deleted, and it doesn't show entries that I have added.

My phone has syncing enabled (and it's working find for gmail as well as Exchange email). The calendar (which should only be synced with my google account, not Exchange) is the only apparent problem.

Any thoughts here?
    First of all, have you tried manual syncing?
    Second; make sure you have internet connectivity.

Fixed

Hi All

Had this problem a few weeks back. I think maybe it's because I changed my google account password. All my calendar events disappeared. I logged on to google calendar on my PC and was relieved to see that they hadn't been wiped. The problem is a syncing problem. Some of the caching code is broken in the google calendar application or the google calendar storage application. To fix this:

(Step 1 may not be necessary, I'm not sure)

1. Kill the calendar app and stop the calendar storage service
    2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Manage Apps -> All -> Calendar -> Clear Data
    3. Do the same for Calendar Storage
    4. Make sure your syncing is turned on
    5. Open calendar app and make sure your calendar is set to syncing and visible in the calendar options (Calendar App -> Menu -> More -> Calendars)
    6. Wait for everything to resync.

I've posted this because there doesnt seem to be an obvious answer anywhere online for this problem. Usually if an application is screwing up, you can usually fix it without a factory reset by just clearing the cache and data for that app.

Cheers

Phil

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links