Geotagging woes

This is a discussion on Geotagging woes within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Greetings all, my first post, hopefully it will be fruitful! OK, my issue - When I take a photo on my N1 sat next to ...

Thread: Geotagging woes

Geotagging woes

Greetings all, my first post, hopefully it will be fruitful!

OK, my issue - When I take a photo on my N1 sat next to my PC, the long and lat are stored in the taken picture's meta data. However, when im out and about, no data is stored.

I can only think its beacuse im connected to wifi when im at my PC which is why its getting the data. Do I need a internet connection to geotag? surely not...

Maybe im not doing something right with my GPS when im out and about and maybe when im connected to the net it bypasses gps and gets my location from the web?

I know ive not explained it well, but hopefully someone can help me!

thanks in advance,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should check your phone settings. I turned off GPS data to applications as I didn't want this feature "following me around."

The first 2 settings in Location & Security should be turned on. I'm not sure if it defaults to your wireless carrier or not. I didn't get very good resolution when I tried it. I'll let you know if it works for me when I go to the gas station later.

OK it definetly works without GPS turned on. If you unchecked k the first option "use wireless networks" it does not. It had nothing to do with wiring for me.

We should move this to trouble shooting.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links