G-mote Rocks!

This is a discussion on G-mote Rocks! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; So, I was checking my phone the other day. I have an ip address on T-Mobile 3G, but I don't know how dynamic it is. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G-mote Rocks!

So, I was checking my phone the other day. I have an ip address on T-Mobile 3G, but I don't know how dynamic it is. Anyone know if it depends on the tower your using or how often it changes?

I want to see if I can stream from my computer to my phone if I'm at, let's say, work. I could take my whole music collection with me that way.

G-Mote is a great app. I use it with Boxee on my PC which plays just about anything regardless of location or format :-)
    What is Boxee? Ok, I googled it, but does it work with the phone? Can you tell us anything about your experience?

Too cool, downloaded barcode scanner, worked like a champ on your avatar. It responded with a beep and the url for your web site address.

How did you create the barcode to include the url?

Ok so I just tested streaming over my carrier network on my way to work. It works perfectly. There is a bit of buffering, but similar to the streaming radio apps. It appears that my carrier IP doesn't change as often as I worried.

I followed the steps in the FAQ for "I don't have a wireless router..."

1. Forward port 8889 tcp/udp to your client machine.
    2. Find your external ip.
    3. Gmote will not be able to connect. Enter "IP manually" from the step before. Use 8889 for both ports on the client dialog.

You should be up and running. Enjoy having access to your media anywhere you go.

Woooow. This g-mote is one of the best android apps. Hands down. So cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links