G-mote Rocks!

This is a discussion on G-mote Rocks! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello! I caught this app on Android Anarchy and it comes highly recommended. You can use it with a Mac, Linux, or Windows server (on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G-mote Rocks!

G-mote Rocks!

Hello! I caught this app on Android Anarchy and it comes highly recommended. You can use it with a Mac, Linux, or Windows server (on your computer) and the client on your phone. It can control the mouse and enter text on your computer and play media on the computer or stream to the phone. It requires VLC (or Windows Media Player bindings) and a wireless router. (I just found out you can use your 3G connection if you forward the ports to your computer.)

I've tested it on Ubuntu 9.10 and it works well. I will have to setup some playlists as it doesn't support any kind of queue on the device. (Actually it will play all songs in a folder, so if you have a folder as an album directory you should be fine.)

Gmote > Android Remote

EDIT: Updated with a few things after I read the FAQ.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The stream media to the phone is what I'd be most interested in... Especially paired with my BT dock.
    Rooted Nexus One

Well, a rock can sink, too. A nice idea, though.

The "killer app" in Win 7 is the Media Center. I use mine to record 1,2,3 TV programs at the same time. The recording format uses the .wtv suffix, which gmote does not recognize.

I have seen this on a few posts - What is the significance of the barcode thingy that you have posted in your post? Is there some way I should scan it? What does it represent?

Download barcode scanner. Scan it.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    Well, a rock can sink, too. A nice idea, though.

The "killer app" in Win 7 is the Media Center. I use mine to record 1,2,3 TV programs at the same time. The recording format uses the .wtv suffix, which gmote does not recognize.
    The documentation says it doesn't supoort avi containers either. I don't want to get into any arguments, but you could just use a more open format for your recorded shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    Download barcode scanner. Scan it.
    Very cool, thanks!!

Holy freaking cow.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

What an awesome app.

What an awesome phone!

My mind was just blown.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

G-Mote is a great app. I use it with Boxee on my PC which plays just about anything regardless of location or format :-)

Gmote is Dope!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links