Google Talk

This is a discussion on Google Talk within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; How many of you use it as your IM? I started using it, but find that I'd rather use a multi-IM app instead. Currently I'm ...

Thread: Google Talk

Google Talk

How many of you use it as your IM? I started using it, but find that I'd rather use a multi-IM app instead. Currently I'm using Meebo. I still notice that my Google Talk still starts up whenever I turn the phone on. Is there a way to stop Google Talk from automatically starting up?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hm. i'm not sure how not to, i think i read somewhere on this forum that tells how to turn it off...

Isn't Meebo takes a lot of battery???

Meebo does take up a lot of battery. I'm not sure if Google Talk would be easier on battery life or if any other IM apps out there that would be better. As it is, a single battery does not last me all day.

On my Moto Cliq I could go into settings when in google talk and uncheck an option about 'automatic startup'. Since I'm still waiting for my phone to get repaired by HTC I can't offer much more then that. good luck! :D
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Off topic question but can You on Google talk on nexus one make and receive free calls to and from a phone or PC with Google talk?

No you can't. Not that I know of, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Off topic question but can You on Google talk on nexus one make and receive free calls to and from a phone or PC with Google talk?

there is an option in google talk to auto start,,, just go into the options and turn it off
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links