Email

This is a discussion on Email within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Finally got myself a Nexus One. Now, I am trying to configure the email app for an IMAP account. I would expect that I could ...

Thread: Email

Email

Finally got myself a Nexus One. Now, I am trying to configure the email app for an IMAP account. I would expect that I could define my "Sent" (and "Drafts") folder, but I can't find where to do that. Instead it seems sent messages are stored locally.

Does anyone how to store sent messages on the IMAP server? If not possible, what is a good email client that does support these things.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by rblon View Post
    Finally got myself a Nexus One. Now, I am trying to configure the email app for an IMAP account. I would expect that I could define my "Sent" (and "Drafts") folder, but I can't find where to do that. Instead it seems sent messages are stored locally.

Does anyone how to store sent messages on the IMAP server? If not possible, what is a good email client that does support these things.

It depends how your IMAP is setup, usually though if you go to your mailbox, click on the + sign to create a sub-folder (called sent), select it, there should now be an option for you to choose to 'use this mailbox for' (on the menu bar) which will be the new 'sent sub-folder' and that should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    It depends how your IMAP is setup, usually though if you go to your mailbox, click on the + sign to create a sub-folder (called sent), select it, there should now be an option for you to choose to 'use this mailbox for' (on the menu bar) which will be the new 'sent sub-folder' and that should do it.
    I assume you mean I should perform these actions on the Nexus One as you are so specific on where to find these settings. But I don't see a + sign, or an option 'use this mailbox for'...

My IMAP server (I'm using FastMail) stores sent emails in "Sent Items" as opposed to "Sent". And I can't change this folder name. This shouldn't be an issue as a proper email clients should provide functionality to assign the special folders.

I have now downloaded K-9 Mail from the Android market, which does work. It also supports IDLE push, which is a nice bonus. The problem is that I don't like the interface which I consider important as well (perhaps being spoiled by the iPhone).

Quote Originally Posted by rblon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    I assume you mean I should perform these actions on the Nexus One as you are so specific on where to find these settings. But I don't see a + sign, or an option 'use this mailbox for'...

My IMAP server (I'm using FastMail) stores sent emails in "Sent Items" as opposed to "Sent". And I can't change this folder name. This shouldn't be an issue as a proper email clients should provide functionality to assign the special folders.

I have now downloaded K-9 Mail from the Android market, which does work. It also supports IDLE push, which is a nice bonus. The problem is that I don't like the interface which I consider important as well (perhaps being spoiled by the iPhone).
    Sorry I looked at my response.... I was referring to your mail server, which you would then sync to the Nexus One.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links