gallery numbering

This is a discussion on gallery numbering within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; In the gallery, the latest photo has number 1, while the oldest photo has the highest number. This seems a bit counterintuitive. Also a slide ...

Thread: gallery numbering

gallery numbering

In the gallery, the latest photo has number 1, while the oldest photo has the highest number. This seems a bit counterintuitive. Also a slide show goes from latest to oldest photo (so backwards in time). Is there any way to change this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by rblon View Post
    In the gallery, the latest photo has number 1, while the oldest photo has the highest number. This seems a bit counterintuitive. Also a slide show goes from latest to oldest photo (so backwards in time). Is there any way to change this?
    Have you tried the adjusting the sort switch?
    This is located at the top right corner, this is only shown when you highlight "picture, bluetooth / camera".

There you can sort by chronological order or by date.

I don't see it. But I also don't see any reference to bluetooth.

The only thing which comes close is a switch in top right corner, which has 12 squares on the left, and two photos on the right. But this doesn't seem to affect the order.

Also when I view a picture I have on the top left a kind of menu bar which has from left to right: landscape picture, folder icon, landscape picture with number (eg 1/6, which would be the latest picture). I can press the number and then I see the date it was taken, but it doesn't change the order.

So you are able to view a slide show in chronological order? It seems so stupid to view it in reverse order, but I am just not able to change it.

Actually the whole thing seems buggy. Or ?

Just now, when I watch the photo's I have in the top left "menu bar" a camera as second picture, where before I had a folder. I don't how to get the folder back.

Also when I switch to landscape mode, some pictures disappear which later come back...

Just me, or do other people have the same issues with the gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by rblon View Post
    I don't see it. But I also don't see any reference to bluetooth.

The only thing which comes close is a switch in top right corner, which has 12 squares on the left, and two photos on the right. But this doesn't seem to affect the order.

Also when I view a picture I have on the top left a kind of menu bar which has from left to right: landscape picture, folder icon, landscape picture with number (eg 1/6, which would be the latest picture). I can press the number and then I see the date it was taken, but it doesn't change the order.

So you are able to view a slide show in chronological order? It seems so stupid to view it in reverse order, but I am just not able to change it.
    First thing...the bluetooth will only show if you have received a picture via bluetooth, if haven't as yet that would explain why you do not see a bluetooth folder.

Second... the 12 squares etc. yes that is the functions switch I was referring to.

Third....moving the switch to the right gives you the option to see your photos in a 'stack' form sorted by date & location. In the mode, the oldest photo is shown on the top.

Moving the switch to the left gives you the option of seeing your photo in a chronological grid form. Starting with the oldest.

When I do a slide show, the pictures start from oldest to the latest. (I confirm this by looking at the details of the picture to know when it was taken.

If you want to newest shown first... then gallery as it is, does not have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    When I do a slide show, the pictures start from oldest to the latest. (I confirm this by looking at the details of the picture to know when it was taken.

If you want to newest shown first... then gallery as it is, does not have that option.
    It makes sense the gallery doesn't have that option... However, my slideshow goes from latest to oldest (ie reverse chronological order)...

I guess it must be somekind of bug then. Thx for helping.

I'm bumping this one. Anyone looked into this? My gallery shows the last picture first (also in slideshows).

Strange and frustrating!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links