What is a Good Podcast App?

This is a discussion on What is a Good Podcast App? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm looking for an app where i can search through a full range of podcasts, download them, and have them appear in my music library. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a Good Podcast App?

What is a Good Podcast App?

I'm looking for an app where i can search through a full range of podcasts, download them, and have them appear in my music library. Does such a program exist for Android?

There is no function for downloading podcast in the media player, right?

BTW, I've tried BeyondPod, but it's totally inadequate as it can only access a small number of podcasts.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

nsm
    Not sure about it appearing in your music library. But so far "Google Listen" has been working fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by nsm View Post
    Not sure about it appearing in your music library. But so far "Google Listen" has been working fine for me
    +1 for Google Listen. (Fwiw, I'm not a crazy podcast fanatic though)
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    +1 for Google Listen. (Fwiw, I'm not a crazy podcast fanatic though)
    Listen is good - but they have a lot more to do (they say that themselves!) -
    The worst thing is that none of the podcasts I want actually show up in thier search, you have no way of registering a new podcast (as a listener OR a show creator)

Oh- and it keeps crashing - but apart from that I think it shows a lot of promise.

I havent checked any other applications - I was going to go with songbird on my PC, but the entirely-on-the-phone-without-syncing-to-a-computer aspect of Listen is very appealing

i love all google products,, i gave google listen a FAIR shot at being the #1 podcast app on my android. but it has one issue, that just dont cut it for me.

... when the podcast is released on a website i follow, it takes google listen like 6 hours to notice it.

thats simply a fail...

then i downloaded beyondpod and it works MINT, the exact min the podcast became available on the tech site i follow was the exact time it was available with beyondpod.

i didnt want to pay for the full version of beyondpod ,, i also really wanted the google product to work, but it simply did not.
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

I use google Listen. I haven't noticed how long it takes to update, because I only listen to a few podcasts a week. The thing I like least about it is the search as well (it's not that good). I did find out that if you want to add a podcast from the web, you can QR Code it and there will be an option to open it in Listen. Also, if you need a podcast url that you're already using in iTunes, you can right click it and "Copy Podcast URL" (then QRCode it and get it on your phone).
    I don't know about how other options work, but I'm excited for how Google Listen expands.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshhawaii View Post
    I use google Listen. I haven't noticed how long it takes to update, because I only listen to a few podcasts a week. The thing I like least about it is the search as well (it's not that good). I did find out that if you want to add a podcast from the web, you can QR Code it and there will be an option to open it in Listen. Also, if you need a podcast url that you're already using in iTunes, you can right click it and "Copy Podcast URL" (then QRCode it and get it on your phone).
    I don't know about how other options work, but I'm excited for how Google Listen expands.
    What is QR coding?

acast is another good one

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post
    i love all google products,, i gave google listen a FAIR shot at being the #1 podcast app on my android. but it has one issue, that just dont cut it for me.

... when the podcast is released on a website i follow, it takes google listen like 6 hours to notice it.

thats simply a fail...

then i downloaded beyondpod and it works MINT, the exact min the podcast became available on the tech site i follow was the exact time it was available with beyondpod.

i didnt want to pay for the full version of beyondpod ,, i also really wanted the google product to work, but it simply did not.
    I can't find any search options with beyondpad. Do you have to pay for the full version to search fro podcasts? How much does it cost?

I installed google listen but it doesn't seem to download the latest podcast when i press "refresh". It also doesn't seem like I can download past episodes. It is very confusing.

Is there a better alternative?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links