Best Keyboard for Nexus?

This is a discussion on Best Keyboard for Nexus? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Have you tried SlideIT.....similar to Swype...free app in market..... no more typing...just slide......

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Keyboard for Nexus?

Have you tried SlideIT.....similar to Swype...

Have you tried SlideIT.....similar to Swype...free app in market.....no more typing...just slide...

so I read a bunch of threads and reviews about various keyboards overwhelming top three obviously are swype, slideit and shapewriter... after reading everything it seems Swype would suite me best... but apparently I'm too late : (

Its not in marketplace and I went to their site - it says not avail at this time... anyone know how to get it (is it possible)?
    Ron Paul is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    so I read a bunch of threads and reviews about various keyboards overwhelming top three obviously are swype, slideit and shapewriter... after reading everything it seems Swype would suite me best... but apparently I'm too late : (

Its not in marketplace and I went to their site - it says not avail at this time... anyone know how to get it (is it possible)?
    Here Ya Go

Swype Theme - xda-developers
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Swype! Could not live without it now.

yeah im using swype and so loving it i had better keyboard on my g1 and i didnt like it on nexus one so swype is what im using and thats not going to change anytime soon

thanks for the two links... first one I was able to download and install - but when I tried to use the keyboard each time I got msg that says something about application not sized for screen (or something like that) - but I was able to attempt to use in portrait (wouldn't show keyboard in landscape)... however, I wasn't able to swype/type anything in portrait...

Uninstalled and went to link in second post - was able to download but cant install... I started reading the remainder of the linked thread and it says you need metamorph to install... I went to the market and tried to install metamorph - but it says you need a rooted phone with BusyBox installed.

So I giver up for now... thank you for the help - I guess I'll be content with the slideIT and shapewriter keyboards for now... I need to get more familiar with this stuff and graduate from my newbie status.

FWIW, the sliding keyboards are somewhat convenient - but also a bit of a nuisance because its too hard to see the next letter as you are sliding (finger in the way)... I've only used it for a short time today, so I guess I'll get used to it - but for now its actually faster and less frustrating to use the android keyboard. I was anxious to try swype since that seems to be the fav for many... I'll tackle it again later... maybe it will be a normal/simple app install from the marketplace at some point?

I can say I've learned a bit today... I'm new to the android phone - so its a learning curve for me... sorry for the long post - and thanks again for the help.
    Ron Paul is correct.

PM me with your email n ill send you a working copy of swype.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Also I didnt need metamorph to use this .apk. Dont forget you must go into your options and check the box that allows for installation of apps from unknown sources otherwise this wont work.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    PM me with your email n ill send you a working copy of swype.
    can i pm you mine as well sbs

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links