Best Keyboard for Nexus?

This is a discussion on Best Keyboard for Nexus? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by 0sync0 I read the developers of Swype do not intend to make it a retail product. They want to license it to ...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Best Keyboard for Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by 0sync0 View Post
    I read the developers of Swype do not intend to make it a retail product. They want to license it to phone manufacturers.
    I use Swype beta and I think it would be a good seller at $3-$4. But I can't see a manufacturer putting Swype alone on their handset, I don't think it's for everyone.

Lightbulb thick buttons - a free alternative to swype

I know this is probably not as great. ...

But I'm using it now

To compensate for my fat finger syndrome

But it's not as intuitive as the stock keypad. ... especially if you type the first two alphabets wrong.

BBC News - Webscape - practical writing on a mobile phone

I would have liked to get Swype - but didn't get into the beta. I bought SlideIT about a month ago, and love it. I *think* it does the same as Swype - but I can't say for sure, not having tried Swype. What I like about SlideIT you can download language packs, so when I chat with my Dutch friends, I can just swap the k/b and it will talk in Dutch :D
    My sigs keep getting

Do any of these Swype-style keyboards have the mic button like the stock one does? I know Swype itself doesn't. That's my only gripe, but I can't use a regular tap keyboard anymore.

No, unfortunately SlideIT does not either. Here are a few screenshots:

and

Here one where I just wrote "hello":

Hope that helps

(Oops, sorry for the Drocap message, lol! I just installed it)
    My sigs keep getting

SlideIT keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    I would have liked to get Swype - but didn't get into the beta. I bought SlideIT about a month ago, and love it. I *think* it does the same as Swype - but I can't say for sure, not having tried Swype. What I like about SlideIT you can download language packs, so when I chat with my Dutch friends, I can just swap the k/b and it will talk in Dutch :D
    agree

SlideIT has 28 different language pack

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Im using Smart Keyboard Pro,
    its pretty decent but i havent used any others tbh :\

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0sync0 View Post
    I read the developers of Swype do not intend to make it a retail product. They want to license it to phone manufacturers.
    I use Swype beta and I think it would be a good seller at $3-$4. But I can't see a manufacturer putting Swype alone on their handset, I don't think it's for everyone.
    The Samsung Omnia II Android phone comes Standard with Swype I Believe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfbCXJeRQfw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Samsung Omnia II - Swype Tutorial[/ame]

I really like the Theme on this version of Swype. Can't Wait til the Official Release!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Swype beta invite open again.

For those of you interested, they have sent another invite for Swype Beta upgrade starting today. This version is 1.56.30.7625. Here's the link. You'll have to register an email on swype to utilize the beta version. https://beta.swype.com/android/get/ btw you need to use this link on your phone to get this beta version. Hope this helps. :nexusx:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    For those of you interested, they have sent another invite for Swype Beta upgrade starting today. This version is 1.56.30.7625. Here's the link. You'll have to register an email on swype to utilize the beta version. https://beta.swype.com/android/get/ btw you need to use this link on your phone to get this beta version. Hope this helps. :nexusx:
    Thanks for the update Mighty,

I downloaded the APK

BUT

1) The Beta's been closed...

2) And it is not listed on the Android Market.

I am happily romping around on the Google Android Market Ranch (lots to explore, with so little space - no Apps2SD YET) and remain official and unrooted

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links