Best Keyboard for Nexus?

This is a discussion on Best Keyboard for Nexus? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; okay Guys i've tried Swype Beta...not worth it over 2MB of Limited App space, keeps FC reverting to Android Stock...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Best Keyboard for Nexus?

okay Guys

i've tried Swype Beta...not worth it over 2MB of Limited App space, keeps FC

reverting to Android Stock

I've had swype beta since they 1st released it I had a few minor bugs after I updated to FroYo but with the new swype update its amazing again. I've tried others but Swype reigns supreme

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BayRican View Post
    I've had swype beta since they 1st released it I had a few minor bugs after I updated to FroYo but with the new swype update its amazing again. I've tried others but Swype reigns supreme

I was a little unerved as -

1) I had to "Allow Installs from Non Market Applications" - i.e. leave the google ranch, which is much freer than apple's closed garden

AND
    After 2.2 MB of Installing Swype BETA, choosing its default settings, I could not type a simple SMS without the keyboard hanging.

i find the Android Stock N1 Kepyboard is good enuff for me, who can type with typos, the stock keyboard's auto correct/suggest dictionary is great.

I had problems at the beginning but like the stock keyboard it learns your style. I switched back a lot back then but now I only use swype.. Also tried slide it but it wasn't even close..

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

1) I had to "Allow Installs from Non Market Applications" - i.e. leave the google ranch, which is much freer than apple's closed garden

AND
    After 2.2 MB of Installing Swype BETA, choosing its default settings, I could not type a simple SMS without the keyboard hanging.

i find the Android Stock N1 Kepyboard is good enuff for me, who can type with typos, the stock keyboard's auto correct/suggest dictionary is great.
    you are missing a LOT if you havnt gotten swype to work. just got in the beta yesterday and its great.

no problems on my stock nexus.... and about allowing non-market apps... thats pretty much the only option since its on a closed beta and its not available on the market.

Have to change my opinion, just got swype today. It blows all others out of the water. Very smooth, great looking and fun to use.

Just downloaded Swype beta now, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

AND

you are missing a LOT if you havnt gotten swype to work. just got in the beta yesterday and its great.

no problems on my stock nexus.... and about allowing non-market apps... thats pretty much the only option since its on a closed beta and its not available on the market.
    Thanks Krys....

I tried HARD, across apps, and text box fields and was disappointed

As Sting sings "It's Probably Me"..

Will have to wait this one out...

Cheers!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links