Best Keyboard for Nexus?

This is a discussion on Best Keyboard for Nexus? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by yhbae Originally Posted by Fuse Well I decided to load the un-bugged version of Swype. I'm loving it. It's a ton better ...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Keyboard for Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    Well I decided to load the un-bugged version of Swype. I'm loving it. It's a ton better than ShapeWriter for sure. I've already run into one issue where I needed to see the screen while I typed a special password and had to switch back to Better Keyboard, but I think this will be my main texting keyboard now...
    What do you like about Swype? Is it their swypy way of entering?
    I've been using a keyboard all my life so can type with my eyes closed. I think most people nowadays have built up such great muscle memory when it comes to typing that they can do the same. Swype uses this fact and really capitalizes on it. Once you retrain your finger from "tapping" to "dragging" it's a much quicker typing experience - and even feels more natural and smooth.

There are a few tricks to learn that I'm still getting used to - such as dragging off the keyboard to capitalize, or dragging to the ( ' ) character for contractions.

The fact that you do not have to be exact is really what makes this special and increases the speed. You really just have to get it kind of close to where the letters are and it will pick the correct word most of the time.

one thing I'm not thrilled about is the word selection box. Doing a column system instead of a row system like in most keyboards covers too much space when not in landscape mode. My other issue is that to delete a long line you have to go into the third symbols screen.

With that last point said, however, that third symbol screen is the one with the selection and movement options. I LOVE this and think it's a great addition to a keyboard that I have not seen in any others.

--------

Also, I tried the HTC IME keyboard today and was not impressed. The keys are smaller than Better Keyboard and therefore i was much less accurate. I also noticed the word selection wasn't as good as better Keyboard or Swype. The HTC one wasn't too bad in landscape, but I simply can't use it in portrait. I'm going to keep it on and try it out occasionally to see if my opinion changes - but so far Better Keyboard with it's larger keys and themes is really "better".
    Rooted Nexus One

Any keyboard similar to the one on the iphone. Thanks

I'm using Swype 1.16 and HTC_IME High Resolution port v6 from HTC Desire
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

I have Swype and I love it, but I'm also looking forward to trying Swiftkey...it looks a little more polished than Swype and maybe even smarter. I applied for the pre-release beta and will report findings if I get my foot in the door...

I've installed HTC IME (the latest version with support for native N1 resolution). It actually works pretty well.

I am going to eventually try Swype but at least I know I will be happy with HTC IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Eplchamps0304 View Post
    Any keyboard similar to the one on the iphone. Thanks
    Smart Keyboard Pro is what you are looking for!

The newest version has a iPhone skin, which is AWESOME. Love it! Using SmartKeyboardPro exclusively now.

The multitouch is pretty accurate, the dictionary is almost the same as the stock dictionary! Plus it has she swipe shortcuts and longpress on the keyboard!!!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post

OMG...lol..for a minute there, I thought you were gonna slam that phone hard on the table when you shake that thing to go to landscape mode. That would have been hilarious! :rofl3:

Umm, I have been trying to find a keyboard with a bigger space key and just one button at the right of the space bar, like iPhone:

But looks like all android keyboards have the same or similar keys and this problem. I want it because, on landscape, I end up writting a lot of periods instead of spaces :S

Anyone?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post
    I'm using Swype 1.16 and HTC_IME High Resolution port v6 from HTC Desire
    HTC IME v12 is out, works great
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

I use better keyboard and i love it

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links