Best Keyboard for Nexus?

This is a discussion on Best Keyboard for Nexus? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone having problems installing the swype keyboard? I get the Parse error when I try to install. Also, how do I locate the download on ...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Keyboard for Nexus?

Anyone having problems installing the swype keyboard? I get the Parse error when I try to install. Also, how do I locate the download on my phone after it's been downloaded?

I just tried Swype. Wow it actually works well!

Ever since I got N1, I started to use voice recognition more and more. I liked HTC IME because not only that it is a great keyboard, it also has a little microphone on the keyboard.

Other than missing mic key, Swype is really good. I can probably type faster using Swype, and probably won't need landscape mode at all.

Quote Originally Posted by speak View Post
    Anyone having problems installing the swype keyboard? I get the Parse error when I try to install. Also, how do I locate the download on my phone after it's been downloaded?
    Did you try the following thread?

Swype Beta Keyboard with fix for resolution pop-up - xda-developers

I downloaded it and just installed it using "adb install" as usual.

HTC IME is better than smart keyboard. Smart keyboard is practically useless unless you pay for it. Doesn't auto capitalize, auto hyphenate, auto dictionary....nothing.

HTC IME does all that, and looks better. Get it here.

Quote Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speak View Post
    Did you try the following thread?

Swype Beta Keyboard with fix for resolution pop-up - xda-developers

I downloaded it and just installed it using "adb install" as usual.

Got it running, thanks man

I notice that when I set HTC keyboard as Input method the speech to text on other parts of the phone stop working. example press and hold the soft key Search to speak a search and it doesn't work or like the yellowbook app that has it's own voice to text button. Tthe one on the keyboard works well. Anybody gets this problem

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eplchamps0304 View Post
    Any keyboard similar to the one on the iphone. Thanks
    Smart Keyboard Pro is what you are looking for!

The newest version has a iPhone skin, which is AWESOME. Love it! Using SmartKeyboardPro exclusively now.

The multitouch is pretty accurate, the dictionary is almost the same as the stock dictionary! Plus it has she swipe shortcuts and longpress on the keyboard!!!
    i have to say that i was a big fan of the iphone OSK, I could type super fast on it and when I switched to the N1 i noticed that even though i was fast i made a lot more mistakes so I started typing slower. The multitouch really helps.

So I gave the SmartKeyboard a try yesterday. I do not need the pro cuz i dont use the dictonary or suggestions or any of that stuff... im fast enough i dunt need the phone to do the work for me. but let me tell you, this thing is awesome. The Multi touch might not be as good as teh iphones but i notice that i am typing way faster again with less mistakes. I also like the iphone layout with spaces in btw the keys.

good recommendation, ill be using this keyboard from now on exclusively

i love the htc ime keyboard, i'm super fast on it.
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

I am using swype beta and i love it. i have been using SlideIt and it was good but Swype is amazing and to think it is just in beta.

i just installed it but and have tried the tutorial but when i try to message some one it does not type in the words that i swype??am i doing some thing wrong?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links