Best Keyboard for Nexus?

This is a discussion on Best Keyboard for Nexus? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; +1 for 'better keyboard' gonna check HTC IME and see what it's about. Thomaslkuo was saying its good....

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Keyboard for Nexus?

+1 for 'better keyboard' gonna check HTC IME and see what it's about. Thomaslkuo was saying its good.

Just seen a video for HTC IME & I'd like to think better keyboard is better. (qwerty keyboard. I don't really mess with the other types)

I don't find swype or multi or things like that "/ not better keyboards either? D: why?

I just installed Swype and wow. It's nice and accurate when you type the right word. But it is kinda slow when you type the wrong word and have to fix it. Funny thing is that Swype will crash if you finger-peck the word "GOING". Isn't that odd? Ok if you swype the same word. :P

UPDATE: I turned off word suggestion for typing so that I can finally type the word, "going". LOL

I have both HTC IME and swype installed. I mainly stick with swype because I've become so accustomed to it! It is truly fast. I use HTC IME when I have to type words that may not be recognized by swype (ie. names, address) since it's nearly impossible to "peck" words with swype. Both are great keyboards in their own ways!

Quote Originally Posted by stwawbewwie View Post
    I have both HTC IME and swype installed. I mainly stick with swype because I've become so accustomed to it! It is truly fast. I use HTC IME when I have to type words that may not be recognized by swype (ie. names, address) since it's nearly impossible to "peck" words with swype. Both are great keyboards in their own ways!
    If you turn off "Word Prediction", it will make the swype keyboard "peckable". Turning this off does not turn off word prediction for "swyping". This setting gives you the best of both keyboards.

Try turning it off and go pecking. You'll see the difference.

Ahh you're right! Thanks! It's just too bad there's no auto correct when you peck like that. I guess I'll just have to peck carefully and swype the rest of it.

And it's better than inconveniently switching input methods. Hopefully, they will give us pecking auto-correct in the final release of Swype. This is one app worth spending money for.

agreed! And I totally know what you mean about the "going" fiasco! Hopefully those kinds of kinks will be worked out.

I am using Swype. Pretty damn cool! IMHO

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links