Best Keyboard for Nexus?

This is a discussion on Best Keyboard for Nexus? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ I type lengthy emails and texts and the best keyboard I have found is SlideIT Keyboard. It is almost identical to ...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Keyboard for Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    I type lengthy emails and texts and the best keyboard I have found is SlideIT Keyboard. It is almost identical to Swype. I am able to type 15-20 more words per minute.
    swype > slideIT

Just have to wait till swype releases. Swype owns on slideIT and you will see what I mean when you get it. But it works for now! However my wife's mytouch came with Swype and I can type soooo much faster on it. its just more intuitive
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Gotta admit I love Swype, amazing keyboard and it blows SlideIT and ShapeWriter out of the water, but has anyone noticed it does use quite a bit of battery life? It does appear in the "battery use" section only showing 3% of usage but after installing and using it, my battery seems to go down more quickly and I haven't installed anything else. Or changed my usage habits.

Can't complain I suppose, it is a beta I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Better keyboard is the way forward!
    I got 217 results when I just searched in the market for "Better Keyboard". Can someone indicate which one is the keyboard you're all referring to ?

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    I got 217 results when I just searched in the market for "Better Keyboard". Can someone indicate which one is the keyboard you're all referring to ?
    Scan this code

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Scan this code

Thanks, but I'm not having any luck. They all appear to be skins only. I'm not sure what to scan that code with. I recall seeing them on "The Gadget Show" a couple of years ago. Should I scan it with google goggles?

edit: Good guess, that found it. Googles rules!

update: gave up, google goggles just crashes the market app, and searching gives only skins. The regular keyboard is fine, not worth the stress trying to get better keyboard.

I just tried out 'Smart Keyboard' and I definitely like it more than the default one.

However, there was a message that popped up when I installed it that said 'Warning! This app may be able to log your keystrokes for important information such as passwords and credit card info."

Is this actually a common concern with 3rd-party keyboards? Should I be worried or just ignore it?

IMO, Smart Keyboard Pro > HTC_IME > Better Keyboard >> Stock Android Keyboard

Swype is better than slideIT, but swype won't work on my new nexus since I registered for the beta on my old one

SlideIT is better than the stock keyboard, though imo

Smart Keyboard PRO by by Cyril Deguet all the way!

I tried installing Swype with the file from xda-developers but whenever I go and type it says that the version expired. Is there an updated file that someone can lead me to or am I just stuck waiting for the beta to reopen?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links