Best Keyboard for Nexus?

This is a discussion on Best Keyboard for Nexus? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I came from HTC Sense GUI so I am somewhat used to HTC IME. I believe in general, people agree that HTC IME is better ...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Keyboard for Nexus?

Best Keyboard for Nexus?

I came from HTC Sense GUI so I am somewhat used to HTC IME. I believe in general, people agree that HTC IME is better than Android's stock keyboard.

Is there anything that's better than HTC IME? What do you guys use? I don't mind paying for it if it is better than HTC IME.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm loving Better Keyboard
    Rooted Nexus One

swype keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    I'm loving Better Keyboard
    Have you tried any other keyboards? If so, why do you like this one more?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    swype keyboard
    Same questions for you.

I've used/bought all of the available best rated keyboards, and am still using ONLY the stock Nexus keyboard.

Shapewriter: The interface is pretty polished, and being able to type with one finger is nice. but the dictionary prediction isn't very accurate, having to repeatedly backspace and try to draw out the pattern is harder than just typing out the keys. Also, the keyboard takes up more than the average keyboard meaning there is less screen space.

Swype: I LOVE swype! Its much much more accurate than Shapewriter, and was sooo easy to use. but since it is only Beta testing, not being able to use it in landscape mode is a deal breaker. Anxious for it to come out on the Nexus!

Better Keyboard: I liked the keyboard and the themes, but the keyboard itself doesn't affect typing for me. The main difference is the semi T9 mode, where keys have multiple keys. Larger keys = easier typing, but also mean having to push the keys more than once to get your word.

Multi Keyboard: I got this when it first came out, and the multi-touch was horrible. I recently bought/downloaded the newest version, and its pretty nice. Still the UI is reallyyy ugly and basic looking, but the keyboard layout is PERFECT for me. But the multi-touch didn't actually work in the way you think it would. I loved the keyboard but the dictionary was horrific, and the $3.99 price made me return it within a hour.

HTC IME: Someone posted a link to the apk file for the HTC Sense keyboard, but i really didn't like it. The graphics were extremely pixelated and didn't fit the Nexus screen well. Immediately removed it.

Overall, I liked Swype and Multi Keyboard the most. They were both very good, but both had problems that I couldn't deal with on the keyboard. So I'm waiting to see what else comes out! Till then I'm just using stock keyboard.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Swype works in landscape now as noted here:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post13608

That post links to a post in xda forums here:
    Swype Beta Keyboard with fix for resolution pop-up - xda-developers

[quote=yhbae;17163]
    Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    swype keyboard
    same questions for you. [/QUOTE
    i tried better keyboard and really likes the t9 and bb keyboard but the word recognition and the way it picked out words and basically was not like the t9 or bb keyboard I was used to.so I refunded my money and am back on swype.

Just installed swype its pretty neat, i cant wait till its fully done.

Better keyboard works GREAT for me. As intelligent as the iPhone's I think. I can type real fast on it.

When swype is released [i.e out of beta] it will be king I think.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links