Maps 4.0 issues

This is a discussion on Maps 4.0 issues within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just a quick question; Because we don't get OTA updates in China, how is Google maps 4.0 being released? Is it OTA, or a download ...

Thread: Maps 4.0 issues

Maps 4.0 issues

Just a quick question;

Because we don't get OTA updates in China, how is Google maps 4.0 being released?

Is it OTA, or a download from the market [It also isn't in the Chinese market]?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should see it as an update in the Market. if not point your browser at m.google.com/gmm

You can download market enabler and fake a US profile. U'll see the maps app update once you are in the US market.

Quote Originally Posted by amwayorlando View Post
    You can download market enabler and fake a US profile. U'll see the maps app update once you are in the US market.
    Genius, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gregornz View Post
    Just a quick question;

Because we don't get OTA updates in China, how is Google maps 4.0 being released?

Thanks.
    Why can't you get OTA in china? I don't think they care where you are, as long as you have an internet connection. It works over wifi...someone in India got the OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gregornz View Post
    Just a quick question;

Thanks.
    Why can't you get OTA in china? I don't think they care where you are, as long as you have an internet connection. It works over wifi...someone in India got the OTA update.
    Maybe your right. Actually I am presuming that we don't get it because my 'update one' took so long I cracked and did it manually

But, China doesn't support Android well [see spat between google and the PRC] AND the phone isn't even officaly sold, let alone supported here.

So... the upshot is there is no maps 4.0 in the market.

I'm not getting an OTA on maps 4.0 as well and I'm located in Malaysia. The issue I'm facing is I can't uninstall Maps in Settings>Applications>Manage applications because Maps is no longer listed as one of the applications. I suspect this is due to the 2.1 update 1 which builds Maps into the ROM.

Searching the Market doesn't yield any result either.

I am in Canada and I was able to update my Maps to 4.0.

Also, the Nexus One is officially sold in Hong Kong. So I suppose people there can get the update?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links