Which GPS software for those outside of US?

This is a discussion on Which GPS software for those outside of US? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am currently residing in Canada hence unlike those who live in the south side of the border, we cannot use the free GPS software ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which GPS software for those outside of US?

Which GPS software for those outside of US?

I am currently residing in Canada hence unlike those who live in the south side of the border, we cannot use the free GPS software that Google provides.

So what do you use instead? Does it work well on Nexus One?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Additional Question: Is there a GPS software that does not rely on your service provider's network? Today in Dallas area I was not getting network service for some reason, possibly due to the snow. The GPS icon was on, but I could not get the map to load.

Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    Additional Question: Is there a GPS software that does not rely on your service provider's network? Today in Dallas area I was not getting network service for some reason, possibly due to the snow. The GPS icon was on, but I could not get the map to load.
    I know that for HVGA screen you can run:

- CoPilot Live
    - NDrive
    - Sygic
    - iGO

I believe CoPilot just released a version for Nexus One.

So these ones load the map data into the phone so it doesn't rely on network service? Is there a way to do that with the regular nexus one navigation software?

All commercial GPS navigators have offline maps. Maybe this is the reason that google doesn't have options for offline maps for google navigation in N1, so that it won't hinder the competition versus commercial GPS Navs.

I don't know if iGo has N1 release version, but copilot is advertising a N1 version atm. The thing is, for my country, CoPilot is giving the Map of Greece only for windows mobile 6+, i sent them a question regarding maps for N1 yesterday, we will see what happens there.

I wouldn't worry much for now, N1 is new and in the following maps much more GPS progies with offline maps will come out, along (pray) offlline maps for google nav even for outside US!

Quote Originally Posted by beetlejuicegr View Post
    All commercial GPS navigators have offline maps. Maybe this is the reason that google doesn't have options for offline maps for google navigation in N1, so that it won't hinder the competition versus commercial GPS Navs.

I don't know if iGo has N1 release version, but copilot is advertising a N1 version atm. The thing is, for my country, CoPilot is giving the Map of Greece only for windows mobile 6+, i sent them a question regarding maps for N1 yesterday, we will see what happens there.

I wouldn't worry much for now, N1 is new and in the following maps much more GPS progies with offline maps will come out, along (pray) offlline maps for google nav even for outside US!
    Excellent. Thanks.

Yeah I am not concerned about N1 not having offline GPS given enough time. I'm sure all of them will support N1 resolution.

The main question for me was when. N1 is arriving next week but it appears that I need to still keep my Magic (rather than selling it) until N1 GPS thing is sorted out.

I am using Google Maps here in Taiwan. Only problem is that it is not accurate. Quite a bit off in distance.

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    I am using Google Maps here in Taiwan. Only problem is that it is not accurate. Quite a bit off in distance.
    Are you talking about the Google Maps or their Navigation software with turn-by-turn guidance?

Damn! i just installed igo myway 8.4 i think, .. it works on eh less than half of the screen on N1 !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links