Looking for the "best switch profiles"

This is a discussion on Looking for the "best switch profiles" within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi I have tried many applications but I could not find the one which can do all the things I need. I would like an ...

Thread: Looking for the "best switch profiles"

Smile Looking for the "best switch profiles"

Hi

I have tried many applications but I could not find the one which can do all the things I need.
    I would like an application which lets me create several profiles and choose the one I need with a widget.
    The application "Setting Profiles Full" appeared to be what I want but it is not possible to set :
    edge/3G
    speaker (when using in car)
    launch an application (strange because we can edit rules with actions as run an application but the condition cannot be a profile...)

Therefore the settings I would like to choose in the different profiles are :

*GPS
    *Wifi
    *Edge/ 3G
    *Bluetooth

*Silent/Ring/Vibrate
    *Screen timeout
    *Speaker phone
    *Launch applications and kill them when the profile is switched.

And a widget for choosing the profile just in one click.

That would be a great application for everybody

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I use Locale to do everything you're talking about. It costs $10, and many of the plug-ins costs money as well so that's a downside.

In my situations:
    -Default profile: includes things like Autolock enabled after 5 minutes, bluetooth on (for when I'm in the car), brightness auto, Trackball light on, screen timeout 1 minute, wifi off.
    -Home: When GPS notices that I'm home, it turns off my autolock, turns off bluetooth, and turns on Wifi.
    -Work: Turns off Bluetooth and changes my ringtone
    -Time: Between mindnight and 6am it turns off my trackball light (that sucker is bright!)
    -Battery status: When I have ti plugged in Brightness goes to %100 and screen timeout set to never
    -Shake: Because I force 3G, but don't get 3G at work I have to go into the phone testing page a lot (#*#*4636#*#*) so I have it that when I shake the phone it will go straight to the testing page - this way I don't have to open the phone app, or dial that number.
    -Twitter: I have it setup that when I go back to my hometown of Chicago it will post a notice automatically to my Twitter.

The only negative thing I've found so far is that when using GPS based conditions (which most of mine are) it either lags in updating, or doesn't update until you open the program again. You can quickly open and then close it, so it's still faster than updating each setting.

There are button plug-ins you can put on your desktop to change profiles, but I have not used them. I also set notifications for all my status, and when I lose my data connection.

There are a ton more plug-ins that I haven't downloaded that can do a TON more than I have already. It's worth the $15 or so dollars I've spent on the app and it's plugins
    Rooted Nexus One

Thanks Fuse !
    But it appears that locale doesn't let switch 2g/3g, that I always switch because of the battery duration I can save.

There aren't any programs that can do that yet. All of the ones I've searched for can only bring you to the Settings page. =(
    Rooted Nexus One

I hope it will be available soon !

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links