Skype and Podcasts on Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Skype and Podcasts on Nexus One? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everyone, I am considering switching from from Iphone 3G to Nexus One but before doing that I would like to confirm two things: 1) ...

Thread: Skype and Podcasts on Nexus One?

Skype and Podcasts on Nexus One?

Hello everyone,

I am considering switching from from Iphone 3G to Nexus One but before doing that I would like to confirm two things:

1) Is there a Skype app for Nexus One? I have a Skype subscription and would like to keep using it while at home
    2) Can you download and listen to your favorite podcasts (for example, I listen to NPR nearly every day) on Nexus One the same way you can on the Iphone?

After doing some searching, it seems that the answer to both questions is "yes" (at least there is some Skype Lite app?), but I would like to be sure... please share your experiences.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    1) skype app is pretty crap but there are others that will allow you to use skype such as truphone, nimbuzz and fring (all free apps)
    2) plenty of podcast apps - I have only used listen by google (again free) which works fine for me

Thanks for your feedback. As far as Truphone goes, I believe it only allows you to use Skype as IM, but not for voice calling... I was wondering if there is a way to use my voice subscription, though, let it be through Skype Lite or any other app... so long as it works.

You can use Skype voice calling through Fring. I think Nimbuzz works too, but I only tried Fring with my Skype subscription so I know Fring works for sure. Voice quality is not very great though.

Great! No reason not to buy then.

One more question I have to ask, though: why does an unlocked Nexus One cost $529 directly from Google but Ebay is full of them selling for $600+? Are there some supply issues from Google, or are there other reasons for such price disparity?

Because eBay preys on the weak. :D

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by summit3000 View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. As far as Truphone goes, I believe it only allows you to use Skype as IM, but not for voice calling... I was wondering if there is a way to use my voice subscription, though, let it be through Skype Lite or any other app... so long as it works.
    you can long press on a im contact in truphone and it will give you the option to call them over skype. Not terribly intuitive, but it works. Don't know if it will let you use skype out credit as I have only tried skype to skype

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links