Caching Google Maps

This is a discussion on Caching Google Maps within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by tyler.durden Even if you get the offline maps, the audio out of the phone is not sufficient to overcome road/wind/engine noise. You'll ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caching Google Maps

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    Even if you get the offline maps, the audio out of the phone is not sufficient to overcome road/wind/engine noise. You'll need an FM modulator or external amp/speaker so you can hear the turn-by-turn directions.
    I'm using the car dock and it's loud enough, unless you're driving a convertible with the top down on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    Even if you get the offline maps, the audio out of the phone is not sufficient to overcome road/wind/engine noise. You'll need an FM modulator or external amp/speaker so you can hear the turn-by-turn directions.
    I'm using the car dock and it's loud enough, unless you're driving a convertible with the top down on the highway.
    The car dock has its own speakers. Since they are on the mount which is attached to the window, they reflect the sound much better than the phone could. I have been quite satisfied with the volume using the car dock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links