Custom Notifications

This is a discussion on Custom Notifications within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to have different notifications for different contacts similiar to the way that I can have ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Custom Notifications

  1. #1
    Member gmccauley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    40

    Custom Notifications

    Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to have different notifications for different contacts similiar to the way that I can have a different ringtone for different contacts...

    Basically what I want is to have one notification when Joe sends me a text message and then a different notification when Sally sends me a text message..

    Thanks in advance..
    I WANT IT ALL, And I want it delivered by cute, naked women.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Member gmccauley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    40
    Anyone????
    I WANT IT ALL, And I want it delivered by cute, naked women.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Bishop6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    937

  5. #4
    cxm
    cxm is offline
    Senior Member cxm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    I think that just shows you how to change the ringtone/notification/alarm to e.g. an mp3 rather than how to have different notification tones for different contacts.

  6. #5
    Member gmccauley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    I think that just shows you how to change the ringtone/notification/alarm to e.g. an mp3 rather than how to have different notification tones for different contacts.
    Correct, I already use custom notifications, but I want to be able to use different ones for each contact..
    I WANT IT ALL, And I want it delivered by cute, naked women.

  7. #6
    Junior Member ootherocoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    24
    I had problems with this too. I think this is what you are looking for.

    Go to Contacts......the select the contact you want to add a custom ringtone too........the press Menu....then Options. You should then be able to select the ringtone you want to set for a specific contact.

    Let me know if that helps.

  8. #7
    Member gmccauley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by ootherocoo View Post
    I had problems with this too. I think this is what you are looking for.

    Go to Contacts......the select the contact you want to add a custom ringtone too........the press Menu....then Options. You should then be able to select the ringtone you want to set for a specific contact.

    Let me know if that helps.

    That is for different ringtones (for when people call me)... I can do that fine... But I want different notifications for when different people send me a text message..
    I WANT IT ALL, And I want it delivered by cute, naked women.

  9. #8
    Member nailedtonothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    34
    try ringo lite, let's you set custom ringtones and message tones per contact.

  10. #9
    Member nailedtonothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    34
    also if you use handcent for sms or mms you can set a custom ringtone for contacts under the conversation settings, i had to do this for my pages from work so that they would wake me up in the middle of the night.

  11. #10
    cxm
    cxm is offline
    Senior Member cxm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by nailedtonothing View Post
    also if you use handcent for sms or mms you can set a custom ringtone for contacts under the conversation settings, i had to do this for my pages from work so that they would wake me up in the middle of the night.
    yup - that works - if you don't have a conversation with the contact you want an individual notification sound for, then just start one an then go in to the settings for that conversation. Handcent is so much more flexible than the stock app - I am still picking up new things that you can do (like this for e.g.)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Epic 4g coming August 11th?
    By DF Member in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Android Forum