Live Wallpapers

This is a discussion on Live Wallpapers within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I remember reading about someone talking about making a live wallpaper which would work with the weather, like if it was raining the wallpaper would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Wallpapers

Live Wallpapers

I remember reading about someone talking about making a live wallpaper which would work with the weather, like if it was raining the wallpaper would be rain, if it was sunny it would be like a sun with moving grass, But i havn't heard anything about it lately. Anyone have any info? or any other new cool live wallpapers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That would be awesome.

Does anyone know if there is any wallpaper like this?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by leedaddy29 View Post
    I remember reading about someone talking about making a live wallpaper which would work with the weather, like if it was raining the wallpaper would be rain, if it was sunny it would be like a sun with moving grass, But i havn't heard anything about it lately. Anyone have any info? or any other new cool live wallpapers
    Oh <sarcastic> great. I had this idea myself and thought I might write that exact app. Oh well, need to think of another idea.

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Oh <sarcastic> great. I had this idea myself and thought I might write that exact app. Oh well, need to think of another idea.
    Just because there may (or may not) be one out there doesn't mean it works well or that you can't do it better. It doesn't sound like a difficult app to write (if you follow Google's Live Wallpaper example, they're pretty easy)... so if you spend the time with it, even if no one else uses it, it will be good experience for you.

Agreed. I would really like to see a live wallpaper the mimics the current weather in your location or a specified location. I would develop one...but its been 12 years since Ive done any development work.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Ive searched the marketplace weekly for this app, and never see one.
    Basically want the beautiful widgets full screen weather going in the background, lol.
    Someone make it and relaease it!
    There are a few crappy ones on the market and they get alot of downloads, i think there is some decent money to be made. Mostly design, Google weather api is free to feed it the weather and the phones location.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

One issue that I see, and I can already imagine the market comments, is the accuracy of the data. I can envisage a user seeing clouds and rain animating on their screen while looking at blue skies where they are. Maybe the rain will arrive in half an hour's time or maybe it'll be in four hours time, either way there's a 1-star review getting logged by that disappointed user.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    One issue that I see, and I can already imagine the market comments, is the accuracy of the data. I can envisage a user seeing clouds and rain animating on their screen while looking at blue skies where they are. Maybe the rain will arrive in half an hour's time or maybe it'll be in four hours time, either way there's a 1-star review getting logged by that disappointed user.
    True, but look at the Beautiful Widgets weather app. It shows the forcast for the day whether it be cloudy, sunny, rain, etc...and it shows it all day. They do not get any complaints there about the weather being 'wrong'. I can see a few petty people not understanding the nature of the app, but at the same time, it would be minute compared to the amount of people that want and would enjoy this wallpaper.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

i've got a really good weather app,it's called the window :rofl3:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links