Factory default free'd up 60mb of memory

This is a discussion on Factory default free'd up 60mb of memory within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; My phone suddenly decided today it wanted to restart, and it happened a couple of times today, so I thought I would reset back to ...

Thread: Factory default free'd up 60mb of memory

Factory default free'd up 60mb of memory

My phone suddenly decided today it wanted to restart, and it happened a couple of times today, so I thought I would reset back to factory default, since i had done it once before, and knew all the settings and apps would be reinstalled once I synced with my gmail account. But what I noticed was I somehow got back some 60mb of onboard memory too!!! So I guess for everyone thats new with the phone and downloaded bunch of apps to try out and uninstalled it! You might want to try this in order to get some of your memory back!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good to know!!

CyanogenMod 5.0 gives you a plus of around 120somethingMB
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    My phone suddenly decided today it wanted to restart, and it happened a couple of times today, so I thought I would reset back to factory default, since i had done it once before, and knew all the settings and apps would be reinstalled once I synced with my gmail account. But what I noticed was I somehow got back some 60mb of onboard memory too!!! So I guess for everyone thats new with the phone and downloaded bunch of apps to try out and uninstalled it! You might want to try this in order to get some of your memory back!
    I tried this....Didnt notice any difference:bsflag:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post
    CyanogenMod 5.0 gives you a plus of around 120somethingMB

I should amend that it was for those that didn't have it rooted and modded.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    I tried this....Didnt notice any difference:bsflag:
    Hmmm... Sorry, I wonder where I got the extra memory then? I wouldn't think there would be 60mb of cache that I had wasting space, would it? It could also depend on how much install/uninstall you've been doing? Since I've been trying out lots of apps and uninstalling it.

if you do a factory reset doesn't that delete all your data, info and apps? which in turn frees up the memory? so it's pointless once you put all your stuff back in the phone.
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post

if you do a factory reset doesn't that delete all your data, info and apps? which in turn frees up the memory? so it's pointless once you put all your stuff back in the phone.
    When you first sign on when you first get your phone, you are asked if you would like to have settings saved, if you selected yes, then once you sign back on to your N1 after a factory reset, it will put all your apps back on your phone. So it will use up all the memory you originally put had on there, but when I came back after factory reset, I noticed having more memory.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links