Meebo vs eBuddy???

This is a discussion on Meebo vs eBuddy??? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys & gals, I could use some help here. I'm wondering which one is better, meebo or ebuddy, any idea??? Thanks....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meebo vs eBuddy???

Meebo vs eBuddy???

Hey guys & gals, I could use some help here. I'm wondering which one is better, meebo or ebuddy, any idea??? Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Palringo if its available where you are or go with eBuddy.

A lot depends on what "accounts" you need supported. For me 'eBuddy' works well because it supports Facebook, Jabber and ICQ accounts . . . not sure whether 'palringo' covers all of these.

cheers

I'm using Yahoo, MSN, and GTalk, so either one is OK in term of what accounts I need. But I heard something about eBuddy heavily draining the battery. And I want some advice from you in term of this matter and the convenience and the display of the programs. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dlngu2 View Post
    I'm using Yahoo, MSN, and GTalk, so either one is OK in term of what accounts I need. But I heard something about eBuddy heavily draining the battery. And I want some advice from you in term of this matter and the convenience and the display of the programs. Thanks a lot.
    Hi Dingu2 . . . actually I haven't noticed any particular battery drain so far with eBuddy, but then I don't have it on all of the time and I have been thrashing a lot of other apps lately so probably don't have a real accurate idea yet. I will now monitor it more closely and report back to. Meanwhile it would be good to get the experience of others and their IM apps too . . . anyone?

cheers

Thanks Qhaz, please let me know if you notice of anything. I have heard of Nimbuzz which supports VoiP such as Skype and considered quite a good app. Cheers!!!

using Meebo IM for ICQ and MSN
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post
    I'm using eBuddy for gtalk, MSN, and Facebook. I notice that when I don't check on eBuddy for a while, and it is in background, it logs off. I have yet to fix that in the settings, because I don't want it to log off.

Just noticed this, eBuddy allows you to sign on both on the computer and on your N1 for MSN, but Meebo doesn't. It forced out desktop when I logged on through my N1.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Just noticed this, eBuddy allows you to sign on both on the computer and on your N1 for MSN, but Meebo doesn't. It forced out desktop when I logged on through my N1.
    Okay this sucks, I kept Meebo on for a while, and it too logs off for you, so now I'm undecided which one is better.

It's 4:30pm, been up since 9:00 am, so phone has been on battery power, light use today, however, down to 15%, had Meebo on since around 12:00pm. Seems Meebo is more of a battery drain than eBuddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links